Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football banning order imposed on father and son after assault conviction ...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not defending them - obviously violent idiots - but not sure in any other world outside of football would a couple of idiot drunks in a punch up have their photo plastered all over the local paper and presumably on Google search now for the rest of their life

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not defending them - obviously violent idiots - but not sure in any other world outside of football would a couple of idiot drunks in a punch up have their photo plastered all over the local paper and presumably on Google search now for the rest of their life

In the 21st century, if you are going to be a stupid f***ing twat in any aspect of life, don't be surprised if people find out you're a stupid f***ing twat. Not sure what football has to do with it :shrug:

A stupid drunken punch up, got them kicked out of the Amex. Hiding behind a hedge to carry out a further unprovoked attack breaking someone's nose and cheekbone was what got them all over the news :dunce:

And it was GBH 'without intent' they were found guilty of. I do wonder what the court thought their 'intent' was ?

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Might make up a little for the fact they weren’t jailed. Not sure I’d describe this as a punch up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Punch up, or cowardly assault? The court determined the latter.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Not for me.

Ok, if they were in a bit of a punch up in the north stand and kicked out and went home - fair enough, it happens every now and then, and gets forgotten quickly enough.

In this case, they didn’t go home - they hid behind a fence and waited for the other party to get evicted, and then jumped at least one of the guys, causing grievous injury.

The second part of this offence was clearly pre-meditated, cowardly and callous.

They’re lucky to avoid jail, and more than deserve the brief public (though relatively local) shaming.

In my eyes, we are still a family club, and idiots like this ought to be swiftly ousted from our relatively tight knit community.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I admit i didn't read the detail about some guy being jumped, definitely more than a punch up.

By the way i wasn't moaning at the club, just the way the Argus/press report football crimes compared to day-to-day society ones.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I admit i didn't read the detail about some guy being jumped, definitely more than a punch up.

By the way i wasn't moaning at the club, just the way the Argus/press report football crimes compared to day-to-day society ones.

I don’t think their digital footprints will hinder the rest of their lives. Non-large construction companies might not carry out google searches to check character when taking on hoddies, similarly they won’t be shunned when buying Buckfast or Cocaine. They’ll be forgotten quickly.

The main change will never being able to visit The Amex again. Hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here