Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football Agents

If you were a Professional or semi-professional footballer would you have an Agent?

• Yes

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Suppose theres no need for one if your semi-pro but for the top stars, who would have sponsorship deals and such it would be a good idea

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With the climate as it is at the moment, you'd be a fool not to, the opportunities for (young) players nowadays are immense. Your whole financial security for life tied up in one decent contract at a Premiership club, has to be done. Even at a Championship club, it's silly money, and if it's at a lower league club then it is in your interest to get as much out of the game that you can.

Greed and rip off don't come into this, the current climate puts this on a plate. Untill the football authorities come up with a solution, you just can't blame the players.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
No for me but then I'm 40 and have been negotiating deals for half my life so I wouldn't want to pay someone to do that for me. If I was a 17 year old who didn't know my arse from a hole in the ground and, perhaps, my parents were unsure about how it all worked (i.e. not obvious readers of The Economist) then it would make sense. Even so I'd far rather trust a family lawyer than just about anyone of the agents I've seen interviewed over the years.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
With the climate as it is at the moment, you'd be a fool not to, the opportunities for (young) players nowadays are immense. Your whole financial security for life tied up in one decent contract at a Premiership club, has to be done. Even at a Championship club, it's silly money, and if it's at a lower league club then it is in your interest to get as much out of the game that you can.

Greed and rip off don't come into this, the current climate puts this on a plate. Untill the football authorities come up with a solution, you just can't blame the players.

There is a place for honest agents for players who need them. If Tank was younger he'd probably use the PFA. Older pros dont really need agents to negotiate deals for them at lower league clubs, there isnt much to barter over! Lots of clubs dont always pay the agents, it's down to the players to fund them, and I know players who have paid agents silly amounts just to find them a club and they end up on a crap contract but still have to pay the agent his huge fee for doing something he could have done himself over the phone!! Madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here