Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foods the world would be better without

Jul 7, 2003
Sweetcorn - anything that comes out looking the same as it did when it went in can't be of any nutritional value.

From a purely personal perspective - cooked cheese. Now, I know there are many cheese lovers on the board so please hear me out on this one. I can't eat cheese (intolerance - it makes me sick). I don't have a problem with people who love a nice cheese board or just grabbing a large chunk of bread and cheese for a snack. My issue is that cheese is used so often now when not necessary either to mask crap cooking or to hide other ingredients.

Tesco may be the worst culprit for this. Occasionally I may want a ready meal to eat after a hard days work. Their so-called 'Finest' range has a load of dishes which have cheese for no discernable reason - for example, Shepherds Pie or Cottage Pie does not need a cheese crumb.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From a purely personal perspective - cooked cheese. My issue is that cheese is used so often now when not necessary either to mask crap cooking or to hide other ingredients for example, Shepherds Pie or Cottage Pie does not need a cheese crumb.

Oh how wrong can one person be....... Oh the joy of cheese melted.....

You have never lived until that melted cheese ooooooohhhhh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if the world needs to be involved but my waistline could do without the culinary delight that is Wheatabix.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I apologise for ending title with a preposition.

Having just eaten a piece of excellent fruit cake ruined by the addition of Glacé Cherries, I wondered what other foodstuffs are completely without merit.

For me:-

Glacé Cherries, tasteless with a thoroughly unpleasant texture
Celery, hated ever since it was slipped into school salads when I was 6. I thought it was going to be lettuce. That was 63 years ago
Couscous. I don't think anything needs to be said.

Kentucky fried chicken

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
recipe-image-legacy-id--545469_11.jpg (especially marzipan) and obviously brussels_sprouts.jpg

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Quinoa - tastes like vomit and eaten by pretentious tosspots
Mushrooms- horrific texture and I'm allergic to them
Broccolli- the idea of eating midget trees haunts me a little

Broccolli is wonderful. Could probably live a full and happy life without sweetcorn, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here