Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Food waste at the Amex

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
We have a scratch bakery at work and can’t give any fresh baked in store items to Too Good To Go or our charity partners. It’s mainly due to items coming loose and out of packaging meaning there is no allergen information attached.
We often buy toogoodtogo from our local bakery. Always get freshly cooked loaves and baguettes loose just in a paper bag. Not one of those loaves has any allergen information attached.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I suspect last night was massively due to the attendance and early ko. Normally queues in the NS are the full width of the concourse at 45 minutes to KO, last night they were two person deep, impossible really to predict that difference as a caterer

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
The late postponed game due to Fog against Cardiff I think, all the pies etc were given to rough sleepers etc in the city... So what's changed???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My daughter said the number of people at the end of the game asking for discounted pies, etc, is always high. Would make sense to at least get some return on them if they can't give them to charities.
Or give them away..least not wasted

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Had similar conversation in North Concourse post-match. Good 200 items in central bar - but had run out of all beer..
Quietest had seen the concourse in a long time - to be expected with travel issues..
Would have probably been tempted for a pie / sausage roll but £6 for something that has been under a heater for 3hours is not so appealing..!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder whether running out of food would create a greater outcry?

Tricky balance for the caterers but I agree throwing it away seems criminal.
Yep and that is often the case depending on kick off time. If it straddles a lunchtime or dinner time they sell out of hot food by half time. Well they do in the East Upper anyway. Last night would very much be the exception I suspect where they probably expected a much higher attendance.

Jul 7, 2003
Before the match in the WSU there seemed to be a larger number of sausage rolls available than usual so not surprised they ended up with a surplus.

Much as I like the Piglets stuff, those sausage rolls are seriously overpriced at the Amex so no wonder they get left over.

At Plumpton Racecourse, the Piglets sausage rolls are sold at £4 compared to £5.80 at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here