Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food Vans on A27

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Is she still your girlfriend? By the way, I'm serious about my love of these vans. The one at Kingston is great and does a reasonable bacon sandwich. I enjoyed the delights of the van parked in The Drove car park outside Halfords in Newhaven a couple of weeks back.

I didn't actually however I did once tell a girl I was taking her out for a nice meal she got all done up and I took her to a maccy's drive through wearing shorts flip flops and a hoodie... Surprisingly this didn't break us up...

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Not on the A27, but the one on the Uckfield bypass going towards Crowborough is fantastic, especially their hot dogs. Seems to be an awful lot of people selling cherries on that road as well

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Between Middle Farm, Firle, and Selmeston.

I knew it would be in that area
blimey I was about 8 the last time I saw it
I can't remember where I put the pen 30 seconds ago :lolol:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
As an update stopped at the one by the Sussex gliding place today.
Was clean and tidy
Was run by a nice looking young lady
All food seemed to be cooked fresh, and bacon and sausage were decent quality stuff as was the coffee. I had a sausage, bacon and egg roll, a coffee and a bag of crisps for £4.50.
Newspaper to read although not the greatest fan of the sun
Can pre-order food as well as she has a number you can call which is good for me as i am often late but in need of food as well
Well worth a stop.

Downside - Smallish lay-by so maybe difficult in a large lorry
Menu - decent with decent quality food but not as varied as Kingston which has a fantastic selection.

Defiantly the next best so far by a long way.

I did also stop on Friday afternoon by the one on the way towards Brighton just before Firle but was a bit weird as there is 2 food vans in the same lay-by. Approched one and it looked horrible and then the other was very clean. Only had a drink but was being constantly stared at by the other van. Would not think there was enough business for 2 vans in 1 lay-by but i could be wrong but was a bit of an uncomfortable experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here