Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food van at Bridge car park

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I missed not being able to get a burger and then trotting up to the Amex.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It was there once before Xmas and did very little trade (they gave lots away as they were packing up). Re-appeared for the Arsenal game and did no better.

Too far from the stadium IMO

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A non-runner then

I think so. There are a lot of people pass by there but compared to nearer (by the station) the footfall probably isnt enough to build a sustainable trade.
Dont think the club stopped them and I suspect they are linked to the new stadium caterers and would therefore pay the same percentages . I wouldnt be surprised to see it reappear in Bennetts Field at some point but still wouldnt fancy it to make money. To work wrll you need a number of vans right outside the ground but there is already the capacity inside so why bother? The food offer will never be very different (chips aside but that could be made available inside for a relatively modest added investment if you are prepared to allow all the concourses to smell like a giant greasy spoon) . Prices wont differ much and nor will quality so not sure that vans will ever be viable or that we really need them to improve what we have.
We have a temporary caterer at the moment - they work in a dozen or more grounds but they are only holding the fort before a new contract is in place. Changes and hopefully improvements will have to wait for next season but ultimately stadium catering will always be limited by the fact that they only trade 25 days a year and the potential for wastage is massive.
We do pretty well tbf and the jewel in our crown is Piglets Pantry.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'd like to see a few official club catering outlets outside the ground like they now do with club merchandise. I accept they would not be able to sell alcohol, but why not everything else (pies, tea, coffee, etc) The only issue I can see is litter which could be easily managed. The only choice at the moment is to join the long queue for Dicks or head into the concourse which is a problem if you want to meet people pre game who sit in other parts of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here