Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Food prices at the Amex?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
May sound like an odd question, but is there anywhere one can have a look at food prices at the Amex online?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
May sound like an odd question, but is there anywhere one can have a look at food prices at the Amex online?

Dont think its available.
Allow £4-60 for anything Piglets, £5 i think for Burgers, not that I have one with lush pies and sausage rolls

All prices are on screen above tills.....the queues are so long, you will have plenty of time to read them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Go to a supermarket, find what you want…price it up….go to the amex…add 300% markup….voila!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Go to a supermarket, find what you want…price it up….go to the amex…add 300% markup….voila!
Yeah I know that! Usually do that, but couldn't be bothered this week.

Dont think its available.
Allow £4-60 for anything Piglets, £5 i think for Burgers, not that I have one with lush pies and sausage rolls

All prices are on screen above tills.....the queues are so long, you will have plenty of time to read them

Thanks mate!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah I know that! Usually do that, but couldn't be bothered this week.

Thanks mate!

BTW…if you don’t want a bottle of water, ask them for a pint of tap water…it’s free and will last you all game if someone doesn’t kick it over during the game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

5F11982B-4160-4854-9B73-780384B84655.jpeg

There was someone on Twitter this week that did a review of the Amex, he got untold abuse because he wasn’t very kind about the pies :D

Photo is a screenshot from his video.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
View attachment 141908

There was someone on Twitter this week that did a review of the Amex, he got untold abuse because he wasn’t very kind about the pies :D

Ah thanks! Really helpful. He may have got a dodgy pie. Generally I've enjoyed them but occasionally I have had one with very little meat or a multitude of onions, perhaps he was unlucky?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ah thanks! Really helpful. He may have got a dodgy pie. Generally I've enjoyed them but occasionally I have had one with very little meat or a multitude of onions, perhaps he was unlucky?

I don’t think he had anything nice to say about the Amex, apparently he is a Pompey fan.
The video did appear on a thread but I really can’t remember which one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Its probably cheaper to try Colombian Vics, thereby suppressing appetite for a few hours ?

I do like a good pie though. :rolleyes:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

The video shows him just eating the outside pastry not the pie, and clearly had it in for the Amex, given that Piglets supply other grounds he had been to, but they got far higher marks at the other grounds, although the same pies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
View attachment 141908

Vastly over-priced, as is the norm at sports and music venues. Eat something substantial before you go so you don't feel tempted/hungry, FFS!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Vastly over-priced, as is the norm at sports and music venues. Eat something substantial before you go so you don't feel tempted/hungry, FFS!

Overpriced maybe but 'vastly'? You'd pay double that for a burger in a pub and whilst Macdonalds are cheaper they are also crappier

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Overpriced maybe but 'vastly'? You'd pay double that for a burger in a pub and whilst Macdonalds are cheaper they are also crappier

No I bloody wouldn't! - and if I did, I'd expect it to be served to my table, with chips (or French Fries if you must), side salad and all the trimmings.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here