Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Food Poverty figures in Worthing

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Why do people say that if you have a mobile phone that has data then you shouldn't be using a food bank? I'm not talking about a brand new iphone but as they all look the same you wouldn't be able to tell what model is what. Internet is pretty much essential now, my mobile contract costs less than what my landline charge was10/15 years ago & calls are free & I get data. My mobile is a quarter of the price my home broadband & landline is.
You can't even get on the bus without a phone at the moment, well you can, but it's more expensive paying in cash & if you don't have the exact cash B&H buses will give you a bus voucher instead of change. In case those who are mentioning phones being a luxury have forgotten, 15 months ago there were kids on their parents phones doing their schoolwork. People needed some form of internet to get a weekly shop, people needed internet to claim any benefits when they had no work. I don't like it but everything is moving towards online only, cheaper utilities are offered online only. if you don't have some form of internet you will pay more & a mobile phone is the cheapest way to get internet access.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why do people say that if you have a mobile phone that has data then you shouldn't be using a food bank? I'm not talking about a brand new iphone but as they all look the same you wouldn't be able to tell what model is what. Internet is pretty much essential now, my mobile contract costs less than what my landline charge was10/15 years ago & calls are free & I get data. My mobile is a quarter of the price my home broadband & landline is.
You can't even get on the bus without a phone at the moment, well you can, but it's more expensive paying in cash & if you don't have the exact cash B&H buses will give you a bus voucher instead of change. In case those who are mentioning phones being a luxury have forgotten, 15 months ago there were kids on their parents phones doing their schoolwork. People needed some form of internet to get a weekly shop, people needed internet to claim any benefits when they had no work. I don't like it but everything is moving towards online only, cheaper utilities are offered online only. if you don't have some form of internet you will pay more & a mobile phone is the cheapest way to get internet access.

Thick people have traditionally been trained to blame the poor and foreigners for everything.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Food Banks are almost exclusively charity run and receive barely a penny of tax payers money.

Whereas handouts for Boris Johnson's mates....

If you're under the impression that food bank users are the problem in this country then you should try looking up rather than down....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Because they've finally realised moaning that 'they've all got flat screen TVs' doesn't work anymore because that's all that is available these days (unless you go to antique stores or the like).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here