Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food hate !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You all need to man up.

There's nothing i won't eat. Not particularly fond of tripe or raw coconut, but will eat them. (I guess i might struggle a bit with a raw coconut and tripe salad but if i was hungry i could manage).

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Mushrooms - smell, taste, texture, they're absolutely disgusting. Can't understand why anybody would want to put something like that in their gobs. When I lived on my own a few years back, I wouldn't even have them in my flat uncooked - can't abide them.

Aniseed - what's that all about? The taste makes me shrivel like a salted slug. Just horrible.

Shellfish - crab, prawn (the insects of the ocean), lobster, cockles, the lot. Christ alive they're horrible. And even in a good restaurant, with good hygiene standards, it's still a bit of a lottery - a dodgy one could make you ill. Again, why do people eat that stuff?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Avoid grapefruit, but not to the extant of pulling faces and gagging.
Picky about some cheap crappy processed food, other than that anything is fair game.

I kind of agree with the philosophy that as a meat eater you should do justice to the animal and eat pretty much the whole thing.

Liver and kidneys - Steak and kidney pie, chicken liver salad, calf liver and bacon, what is there not to like ?
Stuffed heart - my mum used to make these when I was a kid, loved them then and I must remind her.
Black pudding - I reckon the French and Spanish make better use of blood sausage, as it can be overcooked and a little dry when chucked into a fry up, otherwise delicious.
Tripe - Chinese and the French seem to make best use of this. Not a big fan, but willing to try it every now and then.
Chicken Feet and Tete de Veau - Pretty much one offs for me, I tried them both but won't be in a hurry to go back.
Sweetbreads - In the hands of a good chef - delicious.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
You all need to man up.

There's nothing i won't eat. Not particularly fond of tripe or raw coconut, but will eat them. (I guess i might struggle a bit with a raw coconut and tripe salad but if i was hungry i could manage).

If I were starving, I'd eat whatever would keep me alive. But I'm not, and we're fortunate enough to live in a wealthy country and have a choice. You shouldn't have to 'man up' to eat in Britain!

sailor

May 7, 2013
BN27
Most fish, the smell makes me reach. How can something so vile be tasty to some? It must taste totally different.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
fermented eggs :sick:

I like fermented eggs. Haven't tried a fertilised egg though, doesn't really appeal.

Duck egg.jpg

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
has anyone mentioned black pudding? i bloody love the stuff! on toast covered in beans! breakfast of (fart) champions!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I forgot Soya milk smells like cat sick and those shiny Japanese biscuits ( for the life of me I can't remember their name)
but the smell and taste is utterly vile and rancid.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ah, I've thought of something I hate. Salmiakki- Finnish salty liquorice. The work of the devil.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Ahh thought of another ultra disgusting and vile food truly foul yes it's .... JELLIED EELS !!!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Most fish, the smell makes me reach. How can something so vile be tasty to some? It must taste totally different.

Some Sailor you are !!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Cauliflower...... Pointless and disgusting unless it is in piccalilly with cheese and bread.

This (and broccoli) :sick:

Mushrooms of any sort. The taste, the texture, yuk.

this :sick:

Peanut butter. Utter, utter filth. I cannot find words to truly describe how foul it is, but in short: It looks like vomit, it smells like vomit, going anywhere near it makes me want to vomit.

Ugh.

and this, but my allergy has made me a bit biased :sick: :p

But that's about it really.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nothing I won't physically eat.

Not a fan of raw celery and not keen on hot pineapple, but again, I can eat it.

I couldn't eat an eyeball I suppose, but I couldn't even touch an eyeball so that rules that one out.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd probably eat anything (edible) that was put in front of me

however, i literally cant stand EGG

i've tried and tried...had all the variations but there is simply something about it that i can't stomach

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
After over 50 years I still feel queasy when I think of the bacon pudding that we sometimes had served up to us at school dinners. I also have problems with parsnips (but love swede), and most green vegetables, the smell of boiling cabbage still turns my stomach.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Olives
Pilchards
Sardines
Peanut Butter

Batter. Seems strange but i have really gone off food done in batter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here