Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Food and Drink at Wembley

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's illlegal for a non business-to-business retailer like a restaurant to display VAT exclusive prices. They do split it out on the bill summary but certainly not the menus.

I may have misread it but am fairly certain the menu showed the price of a chicken burger and chips as £9.85 or thereabout and when the bill arrived itr was £23 ??

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I may have misread it but am fairly certain the menu showed the price of a chicken burger and chips as £9.85 or thereabout and when the bill arrived itr was £23 ??

I didn't realise the standard VAT rate had skyrocketted to over 100%. Bloody Brexit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Try Capri Sun. It is not a bottle nor a carton and does not currently transgress any of Barber's petty rules and regulations (although as soon as he reads this I'm sure he'll come up with something!!)
I did for the coach journey as the Wembley website said strictly no drinks permitted but will not so do so again IMHO they are awful better off drinking what you know is water.not described as summer fruits.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Got a burger in the ground and a pint of... tap water. They take the lids off bottles anyway. I don't care if my mates found it weird!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Got a burger in the ground and a pint of... tap water. They take the lids off bottles anyway. I don't care if my mates found it weird!

When my grand daughter was in Marsden with leukemia the doctors would not allow her to drink bottled water as they said the tap water was more pure and less harmful and the same with ice only if made from tap water at home and not bought in as ice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here