Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying Ant Day

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Can confirm that they are on parade here in Haywards heath as well. Think I may of murdered a fewnon the walk home from work. Had a few dive bomb me in return to try and avenge the death of their brothers via the soles of my shoes. Couldn't really avoid them to be honest.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not seen them yet today in the Oval area. I saw a set of early-birthers a couple of weeks ago, but ideally that's not the full batch of some-winged-beasts. I love them. When I cycle home I'd like to have goggle-screen-wiping spectacles and some mouth and nostril netting to prevent the beefy blighters disappearing even briefly inside me or blinding me. I reckon the queen of these ants must be around 3-foot in length, and I'd like to interrupt her nest to see her for 24 hours firing out innumerous bairn and having her drones report back with developments from the world that will infect her dreams for the next couple of months until superhot day 2 sometime in late August.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was thick with them on Dyke Road this evening, crawling on the pavement, landing on people, flying through the air into people's faces.
It was quite comical watching people walking along the road, waving their arms about trying to bat the ants away (myself included). It was like a plague of locusts.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hundreds appeared in my bathroom two days ago. I slaughtered them. Where do they come from and why does it happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here