Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Flying Ant Day anyone?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
HA4 reporting in.
Re potting a Jasmine of the Clotted Cream variety, when lo and behold a Squadron of flying ants appeared from the bottom of pot.
All shot down by Mrs AR :lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
BN12 - it is like a remake of The Birds this evening. I could have killed half a dozen seagulls when I popped out to pick my daughter up from work as the dopey buggers are all over the roads and too focused on eating to remember to fly away when the cars come along.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's beer mat on pint of cider o'clock in BN3.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Just seen this thread. We had a flying ant apocalypse in the house last week. I turned on a table light when it was getting dark and it was immediately swamped by the horrible flying critters as was the TV. I retaliated with fly killer and retreated to bed. The next morning the floor, window sills and furniture were covered in tiny flying ant corpses. It was confined to one room and we’ve seen no sign of any since. I’m guessing that we had a nest in the house that spontaneously hatched.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Walked out of Aldi in Lewes and my white shirt was like a homing beacon to them. Flicking them off, I got in the car and there were still loads attached to me. Horrible criters.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Is it normal to have more than one flying ant day? I thought we’d had it in July. When will it be safe to have my afternoon nap in the garden, mouth open?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here