Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fly tipping - it's rubbish

A small part of my job is looking out for fly tipping and, sadly, roadkill and report it to the nice chaps, and chapess who deal with it on the district council.

They always delight when, on rare occasions, the perpetrators leave evidence that can be followed up and prosecutions made. I have only had the "pleasure" of finding a fairly large deposit of "detritus" together with a quantity of paperwork and address details which hopefully led to prosecution :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've been using Brighton Waste Solutions for years now, reasonably priced. As you say sometimes the customers get rid of it themselves, or I've been known to take a toilet or two up the tip in my car (don't tell the misses) never been charged though. Or I wait until I get a job at a local school and chuck some bags in their skip, give the caretakers a drink at Xmas to turn a blind eye...
Btw I just got Mike's bathroom job in Peacehaven accepted so thanks for the recommendation 👍
A customer in Eastbourne last year got charged a the tip there for a toilet and cistern when he took them in his car. I know the Newhaven tip is strict and I’m told they charge to dump rubble etc.
The Environment Agency contacted me years back and told me I had to buy a licence, I told them I use a company to clear waste and didn’t hear any more.
Pleased you got that job, I’ve given your details to a few people recently.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There is little or no respect anywhere. Smokers are the worst. Purchase a packet of fags. Come out the shop, take off the plastic seal, throw it on the ground. Finish your fag, throw it away, anywhere, lit or not. Driving along, finish the fag, out the window,100 acres of heathland up in flames.
Fast food discarded everywhere, usually not finished, enter the rats and foxes. Fridges, tyres, carpet, plastic, littering the countryside.
We are a

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The A27 sliproad onto the the A23 northbound (all the way down the hill) is particularly bad
The a27 is awful all round Brighton- the hedges seem to have been cut back exposing a depressing amount of rubbish all along both sides. I guess built up over many years, but still, what is wrong with some (a lot of!) people who think its ok to lob shit out their window? 😔

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here