Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FLT20 Surrey Lions vs Sussex Sharks The Oval 03.07.13

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only just got back (via a few pints after in London). Gutted to lose that one. Styris getting out was the crucial one I think. Had he stayed in we'd've won that I reckon.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Their last ball six was obviously the difference

True, but don't forget they should have had another 4 had the umps not "got in the way"! Bet that hurt!!

How we didn't win that I'll never know. 3 overs to go and the game was won. Just needed to keep ticking over like they were. As someone else pointed out Styris was the big wicket.

Oh well, its a stupid game anyway!

And if anyone moans about the speed of the bar staff at the Amex then they should take a trip to the Oval. Could barely speak English and had the urgency of a tortoise!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How we didn't win that I'll never know. 3 overs to go and the game was won. Just needed to keep ticking over like they were. As someone else pointed out Styris was the big wicket.
This!

And if anyone moans about the speed of the bar staff at the Amex then they should take a trip to the Oval. Could barely speak English and had the urgency of a tortoise!
Oh and definitely this too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Missed the first couple of overs because some the guy in front of me ordered 7 pints of Guinness and the guy serving just stood there doing nothing while he poured them one by one. Completely refused to pass me 3 pints of already poured lager while waiting for the Guinness to pour :rant: :facepalm:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Missed the first couple of overs because some the guy in front of me ordered 7 pints of Guinness and the guy serving just stood there doing nothing while he poured them one by one. Completely refused to pass me 3 pints of already poured lager while waiting for the Guinness to pour :rant: :facepalm:

Ditto, well the first 10 balls anyway. It was an order of pimms and the cider going off that has caused the meltdown in the queue I was in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here