Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I had a dream last night that we'll win 1-0 tomorrow thanks to Andone coming off the bench to score an 88th minute penalty.

Very unlikely of course, but just in case...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I had a dream last night that we'll win 1-0 tomorrow thanks to Andone coming off the bench to score an 88th minute penalty.

Praying [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I’d rather he have a place in the starting 11 over any of the other options available.

I think that’s a big ask of him as probably 3-4 games before he is even available to get on the bench and with how long he has been out going to take time to build up his match fitness.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was injured for the first five games including one EFL cup game with an injury we knew about when we signed him and then was suspended for just 3 matches for the West Brom incident. He only picked up 5 yellows and no on pitch reds in that season so his disciplinary record was hardly terrible (yes the West Brom thing was stupid).

He was available for 37 matches in total that season and started just 11, and never started more than 2 games in a row so he never got a fair run.

And Hughton's reliance on Murray was a problem for us and I totally understood why Andone got frustrated with that. We were absolutely dreadful in the second half of that season, actually most of the season, and legend that Murray is, he wasn't contributing enough to the team. He couldn't run much and certainly not at any speed, 1 assist all season and only 4 goals from open play (6 in total) from 25 games from the end of November. That's worse than Maupay's record this season from the same number of games that we're all complaining about but Maupay does contribute a lot more to the overall team effort. Maupay has also come on as sub in some games whereas Murray always started.

Murray should have been moved out of the side as the season went on and Andone should have been given much more of a chance.

Agree with this. Murray deteriorated once we went into 2019 and, for me, was a hinderance to the team thereafter in starting so regularly. Fine to come off the bench. He was brilliant during 2017 and 2018 in the PL though.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

Interesting, especially given he's never taken a penalty in his career 🤣 or certainly that i can recall since i started following him. Saying that, i'd rather see him take a penalty on one leg than see Maupay, Groß or Welbeck take one for us again

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Encouraging words from Danny Welbeck about Andone.
It sounds like our Romanian international is quite a character and maybe has a chance of getting a run out before the end of the season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I hope this could put an end to all the "leaving do in the phone box" bollocks ...

But i'm not hopeful

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Reading between the lines I'd say that's a contract extension for Welbeck and Andone back into the squad. No new striker and Connolly out on loan.
I'd be happy with that. outcome.
Can't see why the club would release this video if not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here