Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Florin and big jurg up front

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ah. So it really is about his rehabilitation (physical) rather than his rehabilitation (mental and within the club). Shame - when fit he has something to offer I think. Locadia on the other hand ....... not for me.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think Tony has it right.

If the right striker comes up at the right price, he'll buy him. If not, our current options are good enough to get us through.

In terms of the two mentioned in the thread title, there's every reason to believe that Andone could flourish. Locadia less so, but he was nowhere near as bad for us before his loan as some made out. And this is a new team with a new manager and a new philosophy. They can start afresh

Really!??, our current options are simply not up to it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Tony has it right.

If the right striker comes up at the right price, he'll buy him.

You've not been paying attention.

That's been the problem from day 1.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Really!??, our current options are simply not up to it
We're 8/1 to stay up and those odds are good enough for tb not to try to compete with the villas and west hams and wait for the academy to bear fruit.

I'd like a better striker to fire us into the top 10 as well, but our current options should be enough to keep us afloat

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We're 8/1 to stay up and those odds are good enough for tb not to try to compete with the villas and west hams and wait for the academy to bear fruit.

I'd like a better striker to fire us into the top 10 as well, but our current options should be enough to keep us afloat

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not so sure , very complacent to expect we'll stay up with our current options upfront based on last seasons showing , we desperately need another striker

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ah. So it really is about his rehabilitation (physical) rather than his rehabilitation (mental and within the club). Shame - when fit he has something to offer I think. Locadia on the other hand ....... not for me.

Sadly I don't think Potter would every come out and say "I'm not playing that nutter, he's a walking red card" though it would be great if he did.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'd like a better striker to fire us into the top 10 as well, but our current options should be enough to keep us afloat.
8/1 to stay up? - sounds fantastic - where can I lump on to make a huge profit? £900 for a £100 stake - that's like just printing money!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Problems solved. Keep your c hequebook closed now tony. You never know it could work out and be like 2 new signings

This you?

Get your bloody chequebook out and buy some bloody players, I can't stand this waiting anymore. We are getting rid of everyone and nothing entering the building, wtf is going on

Make your mind up. Or, even better, step away from NSC :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But we thought they were when we signed them, who's to say that Nunez and Eudouard are going to be better?
It's easy to say we need another striker, but spending £20 to £25million on either of them two to be no better than What we have. We are to quick to write players off on this board.

They are all very valid points :) you'd hope for similar or better and not another Ali J or Locadia. But we are also low on numbers imho. I think Welbeck is great but can only be viewed as a bonus options when fit, GP saying Andone isnt in the immediate plans, Zeqiri arguably not ready yet as a mainline attacker. Trossard not really an out and out striker and whilst unplayable on his day, his days are rarer than the more inconsistent perfomances. It really leaves just Maupay (who is a hothead and has been in poor form last season) and Connolly (who has offered little and looks a little off the standard). Some form of reinforcements to at least cover injuries suspensions will be a must. We're very light up top on numbers as well as goals.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We are still in for another wave of Covid-19 come the autumn that and the ongoing financial overspending by the Government which unfortunately will require tax increases add into this the effects of Brexit means clubs that are prudent now may benefit in years to come, the only question is are we good enough, if we start as we finished the season then hopefully

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here