Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floodlights at The Amex

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Seemed even from where I was sitting.. but if you look at the lights some appear brighter than others? Could just be an illusion based on where you are sitting though...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1316763714956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316763714956.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Agree the lights do appear a bit dim. Have already asked the club about it. No real answer given just noted.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
If you look at the players on the pitch, there are no shadows which shows the lights are top notch. Saying that there are times when it looks darker than you feel it should be but the lack of shadows prove not i guess.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was told yesterday that the Amex floodlights aren't up to Football League or Premier League 'regulation standard' whatever that means (think it refers to brightness) and that they all need replacing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would imagine its just the bulbs the need replacing which I guess is what you mean. Surely they told the supplier/installer what was required so its down to their mess up, they must have given them the FL specs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would imagine its just the bulbs the need replacing which I guess is what you mean. Surely they told the supplier/installer what was required so its down to their mess up, they must have given them the FL specs.

Not sure of the extent of work that needs doing, I heard it from a colleague whose relative did the installation.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was told yesterday that the Amex floodlights aren't up to Football League or Premier League 'regulation standard' whatever that means (think it refers to brightness) and that they all need replacing.

If this is correct, I wouldn't be too surprised... from WSU it definitely appears DIM over on the East side.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If true I can't say I'm surprised as I've thought the pitch is not well lit by modern standards.

I do wonder how on earth could it get this far with the lights being sub-standard though?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If the floodlights weren't bright enough then it's odd that having shown two night games, Sky were then happy to show another one. :moo:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
While they're at it, can they put some lampshades behind them? From the top of the WSU, the backs of the lights are too close to line of sight to the pitch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Suprised if true, especially as the FA have been using it as a base, to show other country FAs, an example of a top standard for a 25k~ seater stadium, as well as hosting that England game ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here