Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Flick Knives

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
You can carry a locking knife (or fixed blade) if you are carrying it "with good reason". It might be that you are going to your allotment, going fishing or going diving or you may be a tradesman going to work.
You can have locking knives at home.
Carrying them into the i360 or Harry Potter World is not 'good reason' I have discovered to my cost. Security were concerned I may run amok in Gringott's Bank with my one inch locked blade and it was duly confiscated. If I buy a third one I must remember not to take it anywhere with security.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Of course they are, and I'm certain you already knew that.

End of thread (unless some other old men want to reminisce wistfully about their schooldays... ...so, another 100 or so posts to go.)
So there you go young man, had we shut down the thread as you suggested we’d have missed out on NSCers shagging Madames in Ferry toilets, countless blade escapades and classic firework tales, not too mention weak French lager.

Sometimes Schmunk old boy however fast and loose your own life is you have to let us olduns stroll down memory lane 😂

Have a good day 👍

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I carry a retractable scalpel in my line of work (signmaker) and Mrs Reagulls at the time was working in retail so had a Stanley knife in her bag most of the time to open boxes etc.
A few years back there was an evening game at the Amex and we had no time to go home before the game, met at the station and jumped on the train,
it was only when we got home and emptied pockets and bags did we realise we have both gone to the football with said bladed items!...oops.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Carrying them into the i360 or Harry Potter World is not 'good reason' I have discovered to my cost. Security were concerned I may run amok in Gringott's Bank with my one inch locked blade and it was duly confiscated. If I buy a third one I must remember not to take it anywhere with security.
Organisations (such as bhafc) often impose their own restrictions on what you may take in which are above and beyond what is permitted in public places.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Missed out there , Fishbourne and Singleton were the sum of my school trips , no dirty mags or weapons for sale unfortunately

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I carry a retractable scalpel in my line of work (signmaker) and Mrs Reagulls at the time was working in retail so had a Stanley knife in her bag most of the time to open boxes etc.
A few years back there was an evening game at the Amex and we had no time to go home before the game, met at the station and jumped on the train,
it was only when we got home and emptied pockets and bags did we realise we have both gone to the football with said bladed items!...oops.
Similarly I went to see a band called Drenge up in Camden, and me and my mate came straight from college, and his bag got emptied in the mosh pit, to only discover he had a stanley knife from his DT lesson in his bag. The gig was stopped briefly when someone found it, and as well when someone threw his AS Level Physics Revision book on stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here