Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fleetwood Mac confirm UK tour in September and possible new album

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Remember when we went to a night game at Withdean and I had a pair of hair straighteners in my man bag? The steward really didn't know what to make of it!

Yeah. Getting searched for offensive weapons and out come your Ghds.

That's soooo Brighton. The hair craze fell off when Jakey Robinson left I note.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Excellent. Chances of getting a ticket = 0

Still will definately try.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw Le Grand Mac in the States in 1997 and they were vocally (both Nicks and Buckingham) excellent. Not sure about now though. Same with The Who - love them, but they really should knock it on the head as Daltrey hasn't the voice. In 2013 you're buying into a memory of these bands more than getting the true 'experience' of them.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Fleetwood Mac are a strange one for me - I love them, but they just don't go with the rest of my record collection at all. For me, their music is superficially a kind of superior MOR/AOR sheen, but when you dig into the lyrics and the story behind the music and just immerse yourself in the music, they really get to you. However, I won't be going to see them live as I'm sure it'll cost loads and their voices must be past their best. I live near Christine McVie - I think she just has a quiet life now in her mansion, walking her dogs and recording the odd bit of music at home. Good luck to her - she deserves a rest.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Am painting at home today and am having a music day. Just played Rumours and Tusk and am now on Live at Leeds.
My daughter of 21 just asked who the Who are. What sort of father am I ?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I met Christine a couple of years ago in Deal. No chance she will go back into the studio, let alone tour. She is The Songbird, without her it would be flat as a pancake.

Like tinycowboy said, she appears to be very contented with life.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I met Christine a couple of years ago in Deal. No chance she will go back into the studio, let alone tour. She is The Songbird, without her it would be flat as a pancake.

Like tinycowboy said, she appears to be very contented with life.

She was there Wednesday and hoping tonight as I shall be there!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There were some draw dropping moments when Lindsey Buckingham was going full throttle.

Draw dropping? Pants? Furniture?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I saw them at The Rainbow during the 'Rumours' tour. The venues are too big now and I wouldn't like to see them without Christine McVie.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just saw Stevie Nicks on TV with a cameo performance in "American Horror Story - Coven" - a cheesy horror series being shown in the States. Still has a great voice and looks pretty good for 65

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here