Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flavio Briatore to complete QPR deal....

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
FORMULA ONE chief Flavio Briatore has won the race to buy QPR.

The Renault boss will complete a £22million deal for the Londoners early next week.

It follows three months of negotiations between the Italian tycoon and Rangers chairman Gianni Paladini.

£500,000 DREAM TEAM

Billionaire Briatore has agreed to wipe out Rangers’ £17m debt — saving the club from going bust.

He is also expected to give boss John Gregory cash to splash in January’s transfer window.

Paladini will stay on as chairman at Loftus Road.

And last night he said: “It’s a dream come true for QPR fans and saves this club from liquidation.

"Mr Briatore wants to do for QPR what Mohamed Fayed has for Fulham and turn us into a Premier League club.”

Flamboyant Briatore, 57, is renowned for having a shrewd business brain.

He transformed the US operations of fashion firm Benetton and turned just five stores into 800.

In 1989 Luciano Benetton asked him to work his magic on his F 1 outfit — and two years later Briatore signed Michael Schumacher.

And in 2003 he promoted reigning Formula One champ Fernando Alonso — who was then Renault’s test driver — to the team.

Briatore has a lavish home in London and last night his spokesman said: “Mr Briatore is looking forward to being involved with English football.

“QPR is a club with a rich history and fine future now.”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I was a QPR fan I'd want to know what Briatore gets for his money but it sounds like a really good deal on the surface.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey...I think we should court Eddie Jordan...he has shed loads of money, a nice bloke and ...erm thats it!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good investment, you'd get a good few luxury flats on that land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here