Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flag in ESL on Saturday

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Did anyone notice the rainbow flag in the east stand lower on Saturday? It was during fan-zone just before kick-off. :safeway:

As Brighton supporters we all know what it's supposed to signify, but I'm really unsure of the relevance of waving it around before the match.....? ???

:albion2::albion:

It's always there and your point is?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Did anyone notice the rainbow flag in the east stand lower on Saturday? It was during fan-zone just before kick-off. :safeway:

As Brighton supporters we all know what it's supposed to signify, but I'm really unsure of the relevance of waving it around before the match.....? ???

:albion2::albion:

Not sure what the point of the limp hand and rainbow flag animation of yours is. Is that how all gay people are?

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
It's also the flag of the Peruvian city of Cuzco. I thought the city was a Latin version of Brighton for a while but now it just makes me think of the thousands of Inca's that were killed by the Spanish conquistadors.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you had to wave rainbow flags around at the AMEX to tackle homophobia... :facepalm:

Well you can thank me later for dragging you into the 20th Century. We'll work on the 21st Century once you've worked out what transphobia is.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Least it was the right way up unlike that confederate one in the southstand :wink:

Incidentally, I know that there is some sort of a history to Albion fans with confederate flags (presumably the whole "South" thing), but in reference to the original point, I'd sooner have a rainbow flag than a confederate flag in our ground any day.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I'd rather we just had Brighton flags or relevant ie Spanish, Argentinian, home made player banners etc.... 2 old hags with a rainbow flag is not relevant.,,.....and personally i think its just a "look at me " gesture from the old hags..

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Isn't it good to see the fans throwing their weight behind an initiative that the club has signed up to? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-17046490

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you had to wave rainbow flags around at the AMEX to tackle homophobia... :facepalm:

A good number of other clubs support the anti-homophobia initiative - yet none of their fans wave the rainbow flags. Pretty much all clubs have LGBT fans too - yet none of their clubs have fans that wave the rainbow flags.

It simply isnt needed and is borderline tinpot im afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here