Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixture list day, anyone know anything?

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
View attachment 43910 image.jpg
Well? any strong info or are we going to have to wait?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Apparently the transport issues have been resolved, at great expense it would appear, making this a possible home game :)

It's the first I've heard of this; what's changed? I can't believe that Southern will be running trains, they haven't run on Boxing Day for years. And I've not heard anything about additional buses either - there's nothing on the B&H buses website about this.

Where does this information come from?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's the first I've heard of this; what's changed? I can't believe that Southern will be running trains, they haven't run on Boxing Day for years. And I've not heard anything about additional buses either - there's nothing on the B&H buses website about this.

Where does this information come from?

I don't think anything has been resolved, more the club are willing to take a big financial hit to get a Boxing Day game on.

What that means, I have no idea, other than a vast fleet of chartered buses.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've predicted we will be away to Reading and QPR will play Watford

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think anything has been resolved, more the club are willing to take a big financial hit to get a Boxing Day game on.

What that means, I have no idea, other than a vast fleet of chartered buses.

Hmm ... IIRC the P&Rs will take about 1200 cars and the uni car park about 400. At the club's estimate of 2.5 people a car, that's about 4,000 people (I stand to be corrected on these numbers)

Let's say about 2,000 people come by coach and about 2,000 walk - in a 28,000 crowd, that's 20,000 people coming by buses that hold 80 - 250 buses. Even if the club could get hold of that many, where would they park?

And if we can do it this year, why couldn't we do it last year?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here