Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixture Backlog

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Our push for Europe might be hindered if our fixture list towards the end of the season becomes congested. We already have three games to rearrange plus the probability of Man Utd (qtr final day) and maybe even Man City at home (semi final day). Cannot understand why Bournemouth and Palace haven't been sorted. Neither of them or us are involved in Europe so last mid week and next midweek were both available (this mid week would have been reserved for possible cup replay).

Supporter services have advised that (fair play for replying to my email at 8:23) the Premier League are working on reschedules. My guess is they aren't working on it very hard.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Totally agree. Why isn't a midweek game sheduled for next week?

Someone said you can't have a Prem game on the same night as Champions league games but next Wednesday on a Champions league night Arsenal are playing Man City in the Prem, so obviously that theory is untrue.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Someone said you can't have a Prem game on the same night as Champions league games but next Wednesday on a Champions league night Arsenal are playing Man City in the Prem, so obviously that theory is untrue.
UEFA dropped the rule about no top flight games on Champions League nights a number of seasons ago.

I believe the rule now is no games can take place within a 50km radius of a CL game, which obviously wouldn’t effect us for re-arranged home games, well unless Crawley make the CL one day.

We are probably going to have Everton at home added to the list of games to rearrange as it’s the same day as the coronation, can see all that weekends fixtures being moved.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That used to be the case, but UEFA relented last year to help the Premier League clear the Covid fixture backlog (Mail, sorry - first link I found)...

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I just don't understand why we didn't play the Bournemouth, Palace or even the Newcastle game at a stretch this week. Man United and Leeds play each other again on Sunday after playing last night so it's clearly not a major issue.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bloody ridiculous and incompetent. Unlike the EPL normally, I mean look how well they've implemented VAR without a hitch.

There should be more money in football to make it worthwhile imo.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We only have the FA Cup 5th Rnd on 28 Feb and Forest away on 25 April as scheduled midweek games.

I doubt we've been in a great rush to get these played in the depths of winter following a world cup. Despite it being the first week in Feb, we are only halfway through a season that is extended till the end of May. Plenty of time to slot these in without any congestion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That used to be the case, but UEFA relented last year to help the Premier League clear the Covid fixture backlog (Mail, sorry - first link I found)...

It pre-dates covid. The rule was changed back in 2017.

Annoying we can't put a fixture on the weekend of the 25th - 26th February.
Would be a bit difficult seeing as Bournemouth and Palace both have games.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A big worry is one or more of our important players picking up an injury late in the season it won't be a game or two they miss but three of four or more as we will be playing 3 games a week for a few weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We only have the FA Cup 5th Rnd on 28 Feb and Forest away on 25 April as scheduled midweek games.

I doubt we've been in a great rush to get these played in the depths of winter following a world cup. Despite it being the first week in Feb, we are only halfway through a season that is extended till the end of May. Plenty of time to slot these in without any congestion.
Commie.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
On the other hand, if the game had been played over the last couple of weeks we’d have had a number of injuries. With any luck we’ll have Colwill, Lallana and Ferguson back when the rearranged fixtures take place.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Having the international break at end of March annoyingly takes out another 2 possible midweek dates. I would say there is a small chance of 1 game being in first 2 weeks of March but more likely in April.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Our push for Europe might be hindered if our fixture list towards the end of the season becomes congested. We already have three games to rearrange plus the probability of Man Utd (qtr final day) and maybe even Man City at home (semi final day). Cannot understand why Bournemouth and Palace haven't been sorted. Neither of them or us are involved in Europe so last mid week and next midweek were both available (this mid week would have been reserved for possible cup replay).

Supporter services have advised that (fair play for replying to my email at 8:23) the Premier League are working on reschedules. My guess is they aren't working on it very hard.
Yep. Really bizarre that Leeds played united last night yet we didn't play one of our postponed games!?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Annoying we can't put a fixture on the weekend of the 25th - 26th February.
I just checked and there are NO games on Feb 30. What's that all about? ???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A Saturday/ Tuesday Palace double header would have been fun
Guaranteed we'd win the first one then lose the second one. Bragging rights for three days, then they'd bang on about it until next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. Really bizarre that Leeds played united last night yet we didn't play one of our postponed games!?
But ManUre and Leeds need to ensure their EPL games can be played soon owing to their FA cup, EFL cup, and Champion's League fixtures ahead.

Brighton don't have that so, no worries, as you were, would you like a lemon sherbet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here