Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five Music heroes plus one you may not have heard of

Tony Peluso - guitarist on "Goodbye to Love"

In case it ever comes up in a pop quiz he also did the "DJ" voice at the beginning of the full length version of "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft"

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Can you point me to Gonk & Tennessee Sunrise, can't find out anything

Gonk was bass player for a number of country + western bands, he stood out because he was left handed but played a right handed bass upside down.( the guitar was upside down, not Gonk) Tennessee Sunrise made a couple of LPS in the mid 80's and did a tour of Butlins holiday camps. They were also voted best new C+W band and appeared at the Palladium. Gonk nearly electrocuted himself when his amp shorted out at a gig in Ford open prison. Danny, lead singer of the group was known for the catchphrase " sing to me Gonk" as gonk serenaded the audience with the chorus of "Darlin" by Frankie Miller. Graham, the drummer and Gonk's brother is a ST holder in the West Lower.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Alexis Korner
Trent Reznor
John Mayall
Sonny Boy Williamson II
Tony Iommi

Graham Bond - leader of the marvelous Graham Bond Organization with Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce. Sadly troubled (I suspect the drugs may not have helped) and left us early. A fine exponent of the Hammond organ and the Mellotron. And he played with Alexis Korner and Don Rendell.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Paul Weller
Ray Davies
Marvin Gaye
Steve Marriott
David Bowie

and...... Piotr Fijalkowski from 90's indie band Adorable. Released 2 cracking albums that were purchased by about 5 people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here