FIVE Loans To Come In? Where do We Need To Stregthen Most?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
According to the Argus, so where do we need to stregthen most?

Left back, striker, and a centre back surely!

Lloyd Owusu been touted as coming in to be our strike force saviour in the absence of Nicky Forster

How many former players will we see come back through the Withdean doors?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goalkeeper, leftback, centreback, centre midfield, winger, striker

new manager
at least two new coaches

other than that we're fine.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
left back, centre back and striker have to be the priorities.
So Richards, ??, and Owusu would do for me.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
are there limits to how many more loan players we can bring in?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If I was managing Cheltenham, I wouldn't be loaning Owuso to relegation rivals.

Owusu has a weird contract like Mayo and Hart used to have. If he starts a certain number of games, Cheltenham have to offer him a new contract.

They have just avoided administration, and they keep refusing to start him, meaning they dont have to offer a new deal. I guess they need him off the wage bill just to keep themselves alive, and a loan to us would help them out

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the new manager has to live with the loan signings (at least for the next month) so would guess that we will make a couple of signings today as emergency cover and top up before the weekend after the new guy is in and can make his own decisions.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
the new manager has to live with the loan signings (at least for the next month) so would guess that we will make a couple of signings today as emergency cover and top up before the weekend after the new guy is in and can make his own decisions.

That actually makes perfect sense.

homer59

Feb 2, 2009
we will lucky to get one let alone four or five who wants to come to this club at the moment

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Anyone know when the deadline would be for loans to play tomorrow?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Anyone know when the deadline would be for loans to play tomorrow?

The rule is that a loan player must have signed three hours before the game to be elligible to play.

(A pernament signing would need to have signed by 12 noon on the day before the game.)

03dpellett

willingdon gull
Mar 10, 2008
does anybody remember how badly the loan players f**ked us up before christmas?.. they're not up for the fight which is what we require! (fleetwood, thornton etc).. having said that our current crop seem up to it either so im resigned to morecambe away next season im afraid!.. so personally i'd have to say a couple of loan players hungry to impress, probably a striker and a centre back.. possibly get richards back if mcnulty's injury is serious as im desperate to see livermore in central midfield instead of left back!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
does anybody remember how badly the loan players f**ked us up before christmas?.. they're not up for the fight which is what we require!

Now's not the time to be picky, we simply have no choice in this instance. After Saturday's game, only ten out of the 24 players listed in our matchday squad in the programme were available for the next game. We have to get some loans in merely to be able to field a side tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports