Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five clear,eight to go. Leicester City.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Chances are Leicester will be able to lose 3 probably 4 of the remaining fixtures and still win the league !

It would be quite a collapse now if they dont win it in my opinion.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Chances are Leicester will be able to lose 3 probably 4 of the remaining fixtures and still win the league !

It would be quite a collapse now if they dont win it in my opinion.

Not so sure. I think Spurs have the "easier" run-in and if Leicester do lose 3 or 4 I can see Spurs winning it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Still maintain that Tottenham Hotspur will win the title, despite being scoffed at recently. That said, I would love to see Leicester City do it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Leicester will have won it by the time they play the last 2 tricky fixtures.

Still not convinced. As much as I would love to see Leicester do it, their last 5 games include West Ham and Everton at home, neither of which are gimme's and Man U and Chelsea away.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Not so sure. I think Spurs have the "easier" run-in and if Leicester do lose 3 or 4 I can see Spurs winning it.

Leicester have only lost THREE games all season, not so sure they will then lose more than that in their final 8 games. I liken this scenario to Bournemouth last season when everyone was waiting for the wheels to come off each week and they waited and waited and waited....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Still not convinced. As much as I would love to see Leicester do it, their last 5 games include West Ham and Everton at home, neither of which are gimme's and Man U and Chelsea away.

West Ham seems to be the only really tricky one as they are in form and pushing for a top four spot. This season Leicester have simply been much better than Man Utd and Chelsea I do not think they have anything to fear from either of those or Everton. It's all about whether they can hold their nerve, it would be a crying shame if they fell Devon Locke style at this stage of the season. I hope they can do it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leicester have only lost THREE games all season, not so sure they will then lose more than that in their final 8 games. I liken this scenario to Bournemouth last season when everyone was waiting for the wheels to come off each week and they waited and waited and waited....

Hmmm. I'm not so sure. Bournemouth looked nailed on to me from a long time out, and I never really imagined they'd wobble. They played with huge confidence throughout. They spent plenty of money for the Championship, and their progress wasn't nearly so plucky or romantic as the media liked to make out (not to say it wasn't still a great season for them, of course). The Championship is still a league where any number of clubs could see themselves having a good run and being in contention for promotion: in previous years we've seen Bradford, Hull, Barnsley, Watford, Palace, Swansea, Cardiff, Burnley and so on make it up. Them winning that league is nowhere near as much of an achievement as Leicester taking the PL title would be.

The Premier League, since football was invented in 1992, has pretty much been a merry go round of the same big clubs, barring the Jack Walker-financed Blackburn blip of 1995 (?) and the rise of Chelsea & Man City. Nobody ever saw Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom or Leicester having a shout. Leicester have had an amazing time, but still not quite had a bad run to deal with. That's great for those of us watching on and hoping they do it, but a lot of their wins have been when there's been no pressure on them. Suddenly they lose a game and the whole world is watching and wondering if it's the start of a slide. They go out for the next game even more tense and so the pattern can easily repeat.

I hope they do it, I really do. They certainly should do from here. If Man City were in their position, the bookies would probably have paid out already. But the mind is a powerful weapon of destruction at times, and it would be no surprise to me to see them lose to that bunch of hitherto useless twunts up the road next week. Don't let us down, Claudio, please!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Leicester have had an amazing time, but still not quite had a bad run to deal with. That's great for those of us watching on and hoping they do it, but a lot of their wins have been when there's been no pressure on them.

champions normally dont have a bad run, they have a bad game and move on. thats what Leicester seem to have done. they come through the always tricky Christmas period and still grinding out results, as other champions tend to do in this phase of the season. they seem to be playing for each other and enjoying their football, i dont believe they have any pressure on them.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Premier League, since football was invented in 1992, has pretty much been a merry go round of the same big clubs, barring the Jack Walker-financed Blackburn blip of 1995 (?) and the rise of Chelsea & Man City. Nobody ever saw Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom or Leicester having a shout. Leicester have had an amazing time, but still not quite had a bad run to deal with. That's great for those of us watching on and hoping they do it, but a lot of their wins have been when there's been no pressure on them. Suddenly they lose a game and the whole world is watching and wondering if it's the start of a slide. They go out for the next game even more tense and so the pattern can easily repeat.

Lots of people predicted them to crumble following a last minute loss to Arsenal but not the case. No one would be surprised if they did choke but I think they may have already done enough to splutter over the line.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
How many games were left when Keegan said he'd "LOVE IT if we beat Man U" (only for Newcastle to collapse)?

Obviously Ranieri isn't going to do an interview like that, but there is still plenty of time for it all to go Pete Tong. I really hope it doesn't.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine being a Spurs fan.

Your team finally get their act together and look like genuine contenders for the first time in my lifetime (and then some). All the usual suspects, including your hated local rivals, have floundered and pretty much fallen by the wayside. Even finishing above Arsenal is an achievement wildly celebrated at White Hart Lane, so the prospect of doing so AND winning the league is unthinkably exciting. Everything is in place for your club to soar upwards and claim the glittering prize, a feat not achieved by Tottenham since the glory days of the 1960s (I think?).

And then some sodding upstarts like Leicester City come from approximately two hundred miles left of left field to have the season of their lives and pip you to the post.

:lolol:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Imagine being a Spurs fan.

Your team finally get their act together and look like genuine contenders for the first time in my lifetime (and then some). All the usual suspects, including your hated local rivals, have floundered and pretty much fallen by the wayside. Even finishing above Arsenal is an achievement wildly celebrated at White Hart Lane, so the prospect of doing so AND winning the league is unthinkably exciting. Everything is in place for your club to soar upwards and claim the glittering prize, a feat not achieved by Tottenham since the glory days of the 1960s (I think?).

And then some sodding upstarts like Leicester City come from approximately two hundred miles left of left field to have the season of their lives and pip you to the post.

:lolol:

Back in 2012(?), Spurs finally finished fourth and qualified for the Champions League....... until Chelsea went and won the damn thing and knocked them straight off that perch. They must have thought they'd never feel that sick again...... oops! :lolol:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Back in 2012(?), Spurs finally finished fourth and qualified for the Champions League....... until Chelsea went and won the damn thing and knocked them straight off that perch. They must have thought they'd never feel that sick again...... oops! :lolol:

I think most Spurs fans would have taken finishing 2nd and above Arsenal at the start of the season

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think most Spurs fans would have taken finishing 2nd and above Arsenal at the start of the season

They'd have bitten your hand off if you'd offered that at the start of the season. I don't think any Spurs fans will be crying bitterly if Leicester win it ... they would have if the Arse had

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Many clubs ease off near the end of the season and chop and change....That's why hopefully they will do it and do it for football as a whole and not money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here