Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five Best/Worst REFEREES of the Amex Era.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
The 0-1 defeat to Burnley was my daughters first ever football game as a supporter.
I had to tell her that it's always as exciting as that!

It was my first trip to the Amex too, a friend had a spare seat and took me, by the end of that game I was hooked, I knew I needed a season ticket!
I've only missed 2 home games since.

My first away game was Fulham last season, jumping around in the freezing cold for and hour and a half and signing the whole match.
From what I read it appears I attended to very good first home/away games

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Has to be Craig Pawson v Burnley. Barnes' Red was the worst decision I've ever seen. I remember we all thought that he had given us the free kick. If I remember correctly as well Vincelot was sent off for something that happened off the ball which made all the fans angry to begin with .

I think the whole crowd stayed at half time to boo Pawson off. This was made all the better when we had Poyet and Tanno as our cheerleaders on the touchline too. Say what you want about their actions but they definitely added to the atmosphere at the Amex

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has to be Craig Pawson v Burnley. Barnes' Red was the worst decision I've ever seen. I remember we all thought that he had given us the free kick. If I remember correctly as well Vincelot was sent off for something that happened off the ball which made all the fans angry to begin with .

I think the whole crowd stayed at half time to boo Pawson off. This was made all the better when we had Poyet and Tanno as our cheerleaders on the touchline too. Say what you want about their actions but they definitely added to the atmosphere at the Amex

Lol there were certainly times during Gus's tenure, when it was worth the entrance money alone, just watching his antics on the touch line, either prancing up and down waving his hands in the air, berating the officials, getting down on his hands and knees in the mud and praying aloft, and even, in the Withdean era, joining the fans behind the dug out with his eyes closed when we took a penalty kick.

Great times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here