Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fish & Chips for a £1! - Broadwater Fish Bar, Worthing [Sponsored Sticky]

Broadwater Fish Bar

Jul 17, 2012
Broadwater Fish Bar is offering cod & chips for a £1 to North Stand Chat members who also buy a large cod & large chips (£5.90). To obtain this offer, simply print out a voucher (http://www.broadwaterfishbar.com/voucher.gif) and present it when you place your order.

-----

For a full menu, details how to find us and more, visit Broadwater Fish Bar - Home

-----

We are also offering free cod & chips randomly to one lucky member once we reach 100 likes on our Facebook page. To be in a chance of winning, simply like our page: Improve Your Experience | Facebook

-----

58 Broadwater Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 8AG
01903 233000

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good luck with this. Get involved NSC - and let us know if they are GOOD.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Essentially that's two cod and chips for £6.90, which is decent. When does this offer expire? And the big cod is too big for me anway, so sounds like a plan to me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Decent start to the sponsored stickies!

Best of luck :)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
But is it any good? Few things worse than bad fish and chips, and few things better than a good one.
I'll put off making any recommendations for another time and another thread. Just like the olympics nsc needs to protect its commercial partners.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But is it any good? Few things worse than bad fish and chips, and few things better than a good one.
I'll put off making any recommendations for another time and another thread. Just like the olympics nsc needs to protect its commercial partners.
You'll never know unless you try one.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Decent opening offer.

:)

Misleading opening offer, more like.

It may be good value , buts it's not fish and chips for £1.

It's fish and chips for £5.90, or x2 fish and chips for £6.90.

Can I print the voucher and go and get fish and chips for £1? No.

Good luck, but personally I hate misleading promos like this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Misleading opening offer, more like.

It may be good value , buts it's not fish and chips for £1.

It's fish and chips for £5.90, or x2 fish and chips for £6.90.

Can I print the voucher and go and get fish and chips for £1? No.

Good luck, but personally I hate misleading promos like this.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I've made it very clear what these are about and I will not stand for people steaming in with unnecessary comments like this about those who are looking to support the site.

I approved this post and I did not, and do not, consider it misleading given the very first line of the thread, which you can even see with the thread preview before you open the thread, and is made very clear on the voucher itself.

Do not carry on this conversation on this thread - contact me directly if you wish to discuss further.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks a good deal to me, may go for it

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I have had a few fish suppers from this joint. Not bad.

Place (or should I say plaice) is fairly new and two fish and chips for £6.90 is well worth it. Miss Stoo82 had a battered sausage and was not best pleased though. I had the fish and found it adequate.

Final score, 7/10. Go get it! :thumbsup:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Cracking deal if you ask me. Fish and chips used to be an inexpensive meal, it can now cost you the best part of a tenner for cod and chips. Steam into that offer Worthingites!

Broadwater Fish Bar

Jul 17, 2012
I have had a few fish suppers from this joint. Not bad.

Place (or should I say plaice) is fairly new and two fish and chips for £6.90 is well worth it. Miss Stoo82 had a battered sausage and was not best pleased though. I had the fish and found it adequate.

Final score, 7/10. Go get it! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your review. All feedback is appreciated - good and bad. We are always striving to improve.

I am sorry Miss Stoo82 was not best pleased with her battered sausage. We aim for better than 'adequate' fish as well. It's really important to us that we provide a good product for the customer. Was this recently or some time ago? Evenings or lunchtimes? We have had some staff move about since we first opened 6 months back, and the main fryer is now a different person.

The reason for the less than adequate battered sausage could be because it was not cooked well, perhaps because it had been sitting up in the top box for too long, or maybe it was just the sausage itself. Some customers do not like to wait for a fresh sausage to cook (4-5 mins) and so we always have a few of those ready to go - but if we think a sausage has been sitting up there too long, we will change it. But we cook the vast majority of our products (pretty much everything apart from sausages) fresh to order - and will cook a sausage fresh to order if asked. As it happens, since last week we have altered the way we cook our sausages to provide a better product. We have also tried out a few other sausages from different suppliers and may be changing our product in the near future.

If you PM me with your name, I will happily provide you with a battered sausage and chips free of charge next time you come in. Another honest review after that would be appreciated!

Last edited:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Are they anywhere near the footy ground, might have a sample on the 1st August if so :)

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Thanks for your review. All feedback is appreciated - good and bad. We are always striving to improve.

I am sorry Miss Stoo82 was not best pleased with her battered sausage. We aim for better than 'adequate' fish as well. It's really important to us that we provide a good product for the customer. Was this recently or some time ago? Evenings or lunchtimes? We have had some staff move about since we first opened 6 months back, and the main fryer is now a different person.

The reason for the less than adequate battered sausage could be because it was not cooked well, perhaps because it had been sitting up in the top box for too long, or maybe it was just the sausage itself. Some customers do not like to wait for a fresh sausage to cook (4-5 mins) and so we always have a few of those ready to go - but if we think a sausage has been sitting up there too long, we will change it. But we cook the vast majority of our products (pretty much everything apart from sausages) fresh to order - and will cook a sausage fresh to order if asked. As it happens, since last week we have altered the way we cook our sausages to provide a better product. We have also tried out a few other sausages from different suppliers and may be changing our product in the near future.

If you PM me with your name, I will happily provide you with a battered sausage and chips free of charge next time you come in. Another honest review after that would be appreciated!

Great reply. It was about 7 on a weekday.

I wouldn't worry too much. Its more to do with everything (I know thats the point with fish and chips) being deep fat fried.

Your establishment was clean and your staff friendly. I would recommend to someone else. So no worries there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here