Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First XI

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Trying to figure out what would be Roberto's go to first eleven if all players are fit.

Working on the assumption that no more major ins and outs, I think RDZs absolute certainties to start are:
Dunk, Caicedo, Gross, Lallana, Pervis. (RdZ always picks Gross and Lallana if they are available)

The almost certainties are:
Mitoma, Solly

Then Steele is in possession of the keeper's jersey, so that leaves 3

I suspect Dahoud will edge out Gilmour, and Veltman ahead of the other defenders.
This leaves the striker position, with possibly Pedro starting.

Therefore, the bench becomes:

Bart V, Webster, Igor, Milner, Gilmour, Adingra, Ferguson, Welbeck and Enciso

No place for Lamptey, Alzate, Van Hecke, Bounanotte, Ayari

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Bart
Gross
Dunk
Igor
Perv
Moises
Dahoud
Mitoma
Welbeck
Lalana
March

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Steele

Veltman
Igor
Dunk
Pervis

March
Gross
Caicedo
Pedro (home)/Dahoud (away)
Mitoma

Welbeck/Ferguson depending on who is in form.

That said, I don't think there will be a 'first eleven', because we have so many European/Cup games to play. It'll be a squad game this season and all will get rotated.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right now with fitness and familiarity issues think De Zerbi would go:

Steele Veltman Pervis Van Hecke Dunk Caicedo Gross Mitoma Lallana Buonanotte Ferguson

But there are some tight calls re Webster, Gilmour, Dahoud, Enciso, Welbeck, Adringra and Joao Pedro.

Dec 29, 2011
I think the better question is, which players are definite starters when everyone is fit?

The answer would be Dunk, Caicedo, Gross and probably Lallana. You could make a case for rotation of any other player in the squad and it's a lovely predicament to be in.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think the better question is, which players are definite starters when everyone is fit?

The answer would be Dunk, Caicedo, Gross and probably Lallana. You could make a case for rotation of any other player in the squad and it's a lovely predicament to be in.
Controversially, I don’t think Lallana will be a definite starter now. I think we have a lot of competition for his position now, so I don’t think he should be guaranteed to start to be honest, nobody should be.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Trying to figure out what would be Roberto's go to first eleven if all players are fit.

Working on the assumption that no more major ins and outs, I think RDZs absolute certainties to start are:
Dunk, Caicedo, Gross, Lallana, Pervis. (RdZ always picks Gross and Lallana if they are available)

Mitoma, Solly
I suspect Dahoud will edge out Gilmour,

Mitoma, Solly

I suspect Dahoud will edge out Gilmour, and Veltman ahead of the other defenders.

and Veltman ahead of the other defenders.

Mitoma, Solly

Do you have Veltman at CB there?..

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Pervis is a definite starter as well I am sure. Which is where I started from, and then think the rest get rotated around, but suspect Solly is also a starter when fit. He has also shown a lot of faith in Mitoma, and will start him as much as possible.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Do you have Veltman at CB there?..
Yes, I think he is a better defender than Webster. I don't know enough about Igor to know whether he will be a definite starter or not.
I think RdZ will always find a position for Gross, and at the moment right back is his most likely position.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Mitoma, Solly

POSSIBLY Pedro starting? At £40m quid? Possibly? I'd stake my house, savings and pension on it (possibly).

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Steele (Verbruggen)

Veltman (Lamptey/Groß/Milner), Dunk (Webster), Julio (Van Hecke), Pervis (Lamptey/Julio/Milner)

Caicedo (Ayari/Gilmour), Dahoud (Milner/Groß)

March (Adingra/Buonanotte, Lallana (Enciso, Pedro, Groß), Mitoma (Enciso, Pedro, Adingra)

Welbeck (Ferguson, Pedro)

With a lot of rotation. But my starting XI for Luton is down as;

Steele

Veltman, Dunk, Julio, Perv

Caicedo, Dahood

March, Lallana, Mitoma

Welbeck

Subs: all of the above who aren’t starting plus Samuels, Peupion and few other young players.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Why are people trying to force a "first 11" narrative? This just won't exist next season with all the extra games. Players will be rotated.
Players will be rotated, but there will be a first xi in rdz's head. When the big games come along you must know your best side. And I think RdZ has a group who he trusts to perform over others. He effectively admitted that having frozen Gilmour out for much of the season and was almost forced to play him due to injuries.

Don't get me wrong, it is unlikely the first xi will play the majority of games ( injuries and the need for rotation) but it definitely exists.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Steele (Verbruggen)

Veltman (Lamptey/Groß/Milner), Dunk (Webster), Julio (Van Hecke), Pervis (Lamptey/Julio/Milner)

Caicedo (Ayari/Gilmour), Dahoud (Milner/Groß)

March (Adingra/Buonanotte, Lallana (Enciso, Pedro, Groß), Mitoma (Enciso, Pedro, Adingra)

Welbeck (Ferguson, Pedro)

With a lot of rotation. But my starting XI for Luton is down as;

Steele

Veltman, Dunk, Julio, Perv

Caicedo, Dahood

March, Lallana, Mitoma

Welbeck

Subs: all of the above who aren’t starting plus Samuels, Peupion and few other young players.
Fair enough but I think Gross will go right back and rotate as he has gone in pre season.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Controversially, I don’t think Lallana will be a definite starter now. I think we have a lot of competition for his position now, so I don’t think he should be guaranteed to start to be honest, nobody should be.
Couldn’t disagree more. He’s our best player (with Caicedo). If he’s fit, he starts.

———————Steele
Veltman - Dunk - Igor - Estupinan
————Caicedo - Dahoud
——-March - Lallana - Mitoma
——————Joao Pedro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here