Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First we take London! Labour are 7 points ahead in the Mayoral election polls

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The next thing will be everyone saying "OMG the Tories got pounded in the local elections", yes, of course they will, the government of the day normally does.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The next thing will be everyone saying "OMG the Tories got pounded in the local elections", yes, of course they will, the government of the day normally does.

funny you say that, last week there was an article predicting Labour loses across the country, and apparently they are expected to be heavily defeated in Scotland with talk of them coming behind the Tories :eek: expect them to win London Mayor though, it has a natural lean to the left and i dont think Goldsmith has done enough (and got it to dirty politics too)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
funny you say that, last week there was an article predicting Labour loses across the country, and apparently they are expected to be heavily defeated in Scotland with talk of them coming behind the Tories :eek: expect them to win London Mayor though, it has a natural lean to the left and i dont think Goldsmith has done enough (and got it to dirty politics too)
Then why has it got a tory mayor now ?? Khan will win it because he has played the son of immigrants/muslim/ethnic card , he had doreen lawrence campaigning with him the other day.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I can't understand how so many intelligent people can get excited by party politics. Zack Goldsmith is a goon as well as being a spoilt little rich kid. To vote for him would be unthinkable. Yet Labour have plenty of their own dopes who are anchored in 1970s campus uni politics and think you can solve issues by shouting slogans and going on demonstrations.

A plague on both your houses! As some brummie once said.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Then why has it got a tory mayor now ??

its pretty clear that London is Labour leaning, they have 45 out of 73 MPs. Boris won from combination of personality and a change from Livingston.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
its pretty clear that London is Labour leaning, they have 45 out of 73 MPs. Boris won from combination of personality and a change from Livingston.

I disagree on the latter point. Boris mainly won because he campaigned, and picked up many votes, in the outer boroughs which are much less left. Livingstone largely focussed on zone 1. This is where the last election was won and lost.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
I disagree on the latter point. Boris mainly won because he campaigned, and picked up many votes, in the outer boroughs which are much less left. Livingstone largely focussed on zone 1. This is where the last election was won and lost.

You should concentrate on your own back yard and stop interfeering in UK politics

Regards

DR

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And excellent news for the tories - who'd vote for a party with anti-semitism at its core :p

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Of course Ken Livingstone has been suspended - a leader with charisma, intelligence and realism has no place in the Labour Party.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can't understand how so many intelligent people can get excited by party politics. Zack Goldsmith is a goon as well as being a spoilt little rich kid. To vote for him would be unthinkable. Yet Labour have plenty of their own dopes who are anchored in 1970s campus uni politics and think you can solve issues by shouting slogans and going on demonstrations.

A plague on both your houses! As some brummie once said.
100% this. Unfortunately we now basically have no third option and no progressive politics. It's like choosing between being punched in the face or kicked in the balls.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So basically what you're essentially calling for is a one party state and all the corruption that comes with having no effective opposition.

Or something less pessimistic. Coalition, means multiple parties working together. No one mentioned a one party state.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not another classic HT **** up I hope!
Labour's candidate for Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has warned that the anti-Semitism row engulfing his party has harmed his chances of being elected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here