Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First two Womens Super League Home games will be at the Amex!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It has been suggested that she might be the reason our best 5 players have left.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If that's true then TB has gone a bit Nero with the women's team :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Only season tickets available for the WSL, no single game tickets. Priced at £49 for 11 games or £19 for U18 or over 65's I have to say I'm tempted (I'm in the £19 cat and granddaughter the same). But the Amex is easy for me to get to unlike Crawley. Is there a deal with Seagull Travel to Crawley from the Amex?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Same mum?

jill-scott.png

images.jpeg

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
We are forever being reminded that football is all about money,so why are we having games at The Amex that will lose money?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's disappointing that the home games all kick off at 2.00 on a Sunday afternoon - that's a time when many sporty young girls are, er, playing sport. It does seem a weird thing to cut off a good chunk of your target audience from attending a game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Only season tickets available for the WSL, no single game tickets. Priced at £49 for 11 games or £19 for U18 or over 65's I have to say I'm tempted (I'm in the £19 cat and granddaughter the same). But the Amex is easy for me to get to unlike Crawley. Is there a deal with Seagull Travel to Crawley from the Amex?

have spoken to the office and tickets for Amex games will be available shortly

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
It's disappointing that the home games all kick off at 2.00 on a Sunday afternoon - that's a time when many sporty young girls are, er, playing sport. It does seem a weird thing to cut off a good chunk of your target audience from attending a game.
What time should kick off be ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What time should kick off be ?

Personally, I'd like some double headers like the rugby women do. But an evening game would be nice: I see we're playing Arsenal away on Friday evening; why can't we do that at the Amex?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Personally, I'd like some double headers like the rugby women do. But an evening game would be nice: I see we're playing Arsenal away on Friday evening; why can't we do that at the Amex?

Because of the cost of the floodlights?:facepalm:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Yes that's something that needs to be taken into account when talking about low attendances. It's a poor time to go to football generally, but if have kids and you or they play sport it makes it pretty hard to get to

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

When I was young and participating in sport myself, I wasn’t able to get to the Goldstone for games for a few years. It’s frustrating, but unfortunately, it’s life. If they are playing themselves at the same time, perhaps it’s just because that’s when the sport gets played. :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hope Powell has said in an interview with BBC that sales of STs at Albion are up 200%

That is positive and can only be a good thing, hopefully as alluded to in a tv interview yesterday they can build a purpose built ground for the ladies somewhere within the city or at least in the conurbation of Brighton & Hove.

Crawley is a real bind to get too, as someone has already said, my daughter plays Sunday league football and sometimes finishes around 1pm and to travel up to Crawley after a game is so tight or just a non starter, and to play at the Amex in front of just the lower east is not really the answer, we need something for the women that can be called home and they can fill, giving it a compact feel and that can create an atmosphere the team can feed off.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That is positive and can only be a good thing, hopefully as alluded to in a tv interview yesterday they can build a purpose built ground for the ladies somewhere within the city or at least in the conurbation of Brighton & Hove.

Crawley is a real bind to get too, as someone has already said, my daughter plays Sunday league football and sometimes finishes around 1pm and to travel up to Crawley after a game is so tight or just a non starter, and to play at the Amex in front of just the lower east is not really the answer, we need something for the women that can be called home and they can fill, giving it a compact feel and that can create an atmosphere the team can feed off.

But what about the fact there may be plenty of girls and women that live in the Crawley area that go?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Why not contact them direct to find out? I suspect there would be if there is demand for it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree, but there's not much you can do about it.

When I ran a girls team, the Sussex FA standard kick off times were 10:00, 12:00 or 14:00. A lot of it due to availability of pitches which get used several times a day. Under funded councils cannot suddenly magic up new pitches.

If it had been switched to Saturdays, then I wouldn't have run the team because I would have been watching the Albion.

There are no easy answers.

The obvious one is to expand a local ground in Btn to a capacity of about 6k and see how the game develops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here