First stumble by Cocaine Cameron

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Guardian Newspapers running a story that Andy Coulson, Cocaine Camerons MEDIA ADVISER sanctioned the taping of 3000 mobile phones while editor of the News Of The World.

Apparently Digger Murdock has already paid out over 1 million pounds to silence this story but has now failed.

Is it not time that Rupert Murdock's unfortunate influence on British Politics should be FINISHED and his propoganda sheets be subjected to the full force of the law and bankcrupted.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Even God would not impose a Bullingdon Club style regime on the British population.

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Is it not time that Rupert Murdock's unfortunate influence on British Politics should be FINISHED and his propoganda sheets be subjected to the full force of the law and bankcrupted.

Why? Cos its not going in for support for Labour?

But yes I agree with you though. But, you never really thought we lived in a Democracy did you?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Guardian Newspapers running a story that Andy Coulson, Cocaine Camerons MEDIA ADVISER sanctioned the taping of 3000 mobile phones while editor of the News Of The World.

Apparently Digger Murdock has already paid out over 1 million pounds to silence this story but has now failed.

It's not exactly a new story, but the scale of it is.

Andy Coulson was caught up in than court case surrounding the tapping of Royal phones I seem to recall.

Slightly inadvisable to take him on board but there you go. It highlights what has happened to modern politics.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Labour had a chance in 97 to refer Murdock to the monopolies commision, but when you get into bed with unscrupolous cutthroats what do you expect?

Really this is old news with little substance, its the Graunida grasping at straws but I am sure it will amuse its low IQ readers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Labour had a chance in 97 to refer Murdock to the monopolies commision, but when you get into bed with unscrupolous cutthroats what do you expect?

Really this is old news with little substance, its the Graunida grasping at straws but I am sure it will amuse its low IQ readers.

I'm not sure it's old news at all, but the link to conservative party is weak, other than the fact that they've employed the bloke implicated.

The fact that the paper paid out £700,000 to Gordon Taylor is a front page story in itself, with substance and well worth reporting.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think they are trying to compare it to the lacky of Browns that got caught trying to smear Cameron. Its not the same thing, its not even Watergatesque.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Blimey, I agree with Looney on something. Murdoch has wielded an unhealthy amount of power for years and Labour with a stonking majority in 97 could have curbed his excesses but Blair, with his worship of money, grovelled before Murdoch and the chance was gone.

What was that about devils and long spoons....?

Dandyman

In London village.

I think it is one of the most significant media stories of modern times...This newsroom was out of control. - Andrew Neil.

Dandyman

In London village.
I think they are trying to compare it to the lacky of Browns that got caught trying to smear Cameron. Its not the same thing, its not even Watergatesque.

It involves multiple criminal offences committed in a systematic and planned way. You are making yourself look an even bigger idiot than normal.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
What was that about devils and long spoons....?

In terms of political purges however, "Cameron's Night of the Long Spoons" doesn't sound as though it would resonate through history in quite the same way as the Night of the Long Knives.

Perhaps it would be his bid for (knickerbocker) glory?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It involves multiple criminal offences committed in a systematic and planned way. You are making yourself look an even bigger idiot than normal.

Impossible.

when will you lot learn that all politicians are AT IT

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think it is one of the most significant media stories of modern times...This newsroom was out of control. - Andrew Neil.

Bigger than the MPs expenses? Doubt it. Let's see if this dominates the front pages of all the newspapers for a month. Coulson will resign in a few days and within a week or so we'll forget about it. Bit like thhat bloke Brown employed to smear the Tories.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure it's old news at all, but the link to conservative party is weak, other than the fact that they've employed the bloke implicated.

The fact that the paper paid out £700,000 to Gordon Taylor is a front page story in itself, with substance and well worth reporting.

Are you having the proverbial laugh? 'The link to the conservative party is weak'!!!!! They have employed a press agent knowing at the time, he was responsible forthe Royal editor that was actually jailed. He claimed he knew nothing but still walked and with these credentials is employed by the leader of the opposition who, not long ago, was critical (and rightly so) of McBride and their dirty tricks proposals. Pot/Kettle etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Another thought. Of course, David Cameron could have been one of the 3000 allegedly tapped and Mr Coulsen may have such incriminating evidence on DC that he could demand any job he wanted in the Tory Party. Food for thought.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8143120.stm

Looks like it's all a storm in a teacup. Ho hum.

..but tellingly the police think it's old news. The Guardian can't go much further now with this story in the ciircumstances.

I think Looney was on the money here, by the looks of it.

Another thought. Of course, David Cameron could have been one of the 3000 allegedly tapped and Mr Coulsen may have such incriminating evidence on DC that he could demand any job he wanted in the Tory Party. Food for thought.

You can bet your bottom dollar he was one of them. Always wonder how people like Coulson, Clifford et al sleep at night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports