Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] First round of golf for 8 months tomorrow

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Played Tilgate yesterday ( not played there in over 20 years ) Greens quite ropey, but just to get out and play was nice ......and only £16.

Singing Hills or Hill Barn next week

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Following the usual winter break, I am now escaping from lockdown in perfect weather at Rookwood golf course. I can't wait, and neither can the wife (to get rid of me).
A bit of normality returns. Anyone else got out on the course yet.?

I was surprised how well it went after 8 months. 29 points but most of those on the front nine before fatigue crept in. Am now at home with a cold beer and trying to ignore the aches and pains.
Really enjoyed it but have to wait til 2nd June for the next Tee time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Had a round of footgolf at Brighton Footgolf on the old Benfield par 3 on Saturday with my son. Disinfectant on the football and a grabber for drinks from the fridge and off you go. Was absolute bliss and, like the OP, I think Mrs GB agreed :lolol:

Make the most of it - if the Boon brothers get their way it will all be housing soon.

As for golf, played twice, hot a bus twice. Decided it wasn't for me .... or indeed the health of B&H buses.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Love to but suffering from tennis elbow currently. If it morphs into golfers elbow I’ll be at Seddlescombe forthwith

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Had 4 rounds so far at Willingdon since last Wednesday when it reopened . Superb condition and its fantastic going round in 3 hours as only 2 balls , long may it continue , members only but opening to members guests from 26th , my golf has been shocking though with a 92,93,101 and a 97 not playing to my 18 handicap but it’s good to get out and feel the sun on your back , and always pack a couple of beers in the bag for halfway round

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Three and fourballs allowed from Monday. I play at Royal Eastbourne where it will be limited to three balls from Wednesday to help the speed of play. Our tee bookings have been booked solid pretty much every day since it started and no sign of that easing up just yet. Have played about ten times since it's been back on with three over par the best score so far, off my 6 handicap. I hate putting with the pin in but have gradually got used to it and not missing too many I'd expect to make now.

It's amazing how much quicker the whole experience of playing golf has become with no warm ups, two balls only and no beer afterwards. Hopefully, people will still get a move on even when it's fourballs.

The course could do with some rain now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here