Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First post in a LONG time but ...

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
It's not often that I post - as you can see from my sign-in name and number of posts! - but today I feel I have to.

I have been going to Withdean regularly since we started playing there and to the Goldstone and Priestfield before it. I also went to a large number of home games and a few away games until January this year when my own circumstances changed (I became a dad). I had tickets to a few of the remaining home games this season but I sold them because I became so disillusioned with McGhee that I'd rather have the money in my back pocket than spend an afternoon away from my little boy watching negative football dictated by a man who clearly has no contacts in the game. As a lifelong Albion fan that's something which I still find hard to admit.

McGhee knew (and even said himself) that we needed a striker months ago. When he eventually brought NGW in it was too late. I don't know all the reasons behind why it took so long but any manager with even a handful of contacts could have got SOMEONE in. It can't just have been the old 'no-one wants to play at Withdean' excuse and I lay the blame at McGhee's door for this.

I don't pretend to know all the goings on at the club and am certainly not as up to speed as a number of you guys and girls who post regularly on this board. But as an Albion fan I want to have my say. I like to come on here and have a look from time to time and have been interested on everyone's take on McGhee. I've thought about posting for a number of weeks but have up to now not had the time to type out how I feel. I noted on another thread someone talking about people staying away from Withdean because of McGhee and I think you can class me as one.

When the 2006-07 season starts I may (hopefully) feel different. But as it stands I can't imagine swapping Saturdays with my family for a two hour round trip to watch the kind of rubbish McGhee's served up this season.

I respect him for getting us up into a division which quite frankly I think is a step too far for a number of our team. We were one of the worst three teams in the division and deserve to go down. End of story. I just believe that at a time when we need someone with contacts in the game to help us bounce back at the first attempt, McGhee is not up to it. Here's hoping I'm proved wrong by this time next year.

I'm not fickle. I just don't like him.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Proving what?

If anything, I find there are more McGhee supporters on here than there are in the "real" world.

Last edited:

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Apologies Damanclay for not tagging this on to one of the other threads.

I didn't post this as a new thread in order to create even more divisions between anti and pro-McGhee fans, merely to have my say and tell people why I have stopped going to Withdean.

I'd like to think I've not been offensive and I am certainly not claiming to represent the majority of fans - don't forget I haven't been to Withdean for weeks! My post was simply a way for me to get off my chest WHY I haven't been for so long.

Thanks.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
bigfanofcullip said:

I didn't post this as a new thread in order to create even more divisions between anti and pro-McGhee fans, merely to have my say and tell people why I have stopped going to Withdean.

I'd like to think I've not been offensive and I am certainly not claiming to represent the majority of fans - don't forget I haven't been to Withdean for weeks! My post was simply a way for me to get off my chest WHY I haven't been for so long.

Thanks.

Good move by apologising fella Damanclay is 6 foot 6 - he'' eat you:p

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bigfanofcullip said:

Thanks.

Thats ok m8. just abit annoyed this evening about relegation ect. Carry on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Opinions are divided but McGhee will not go or be sacked - we cannot afford to :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here