First post..be gentle! old Albion players...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Another victim of thug Vinnie Jones?

Watch that video about 10 times now and i can't see anything wrong with that challenge.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Watch that video about 10 times now and i can't see anything wrong with that challenge.

Excessive force. He might have touched the ball first but he followed through onto Stevens' standing leg. Very dangerous.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Excessive force. He might have touched the ball first but he followed through onto Stevens' standing leg. Very dangerous.

Both feet didn't leave the ground. He was in control of his actions. He went in on footed. Sorry i don't agree with you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If it is ian chapman, it's anecdote time!

I was playing cricket for lewes taxes cc at hurstpierpoint and Ian's dad was either the groundsman or ran the bar, anyway, this bloke bowled a ball at me which I launched out the ground.....it went high and plummeted to earth, right through the sun roof of Ian's dad's car smashing it into a million fragments of glass. He had just taken a young child out of the car seat in the car and it would have been very serious if he would still have been in there!

True story

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Both feet didn't leave the ground. He was in control of his actions. He went in on footed. Sorry i don't agree with you.

The current definition of 'excessive force' is:

'the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.'

A strong case can be made that Vinny Jones used way too much force for the situation he was in. With Stevens almost on his knees and an opponent on his back, Jones could have just poked the ball away. Or put himself between Stevens and the ball, and shielded it away. Instead, he went in with a tackle that followed through onto Stevens' standing leg.

Clearly not the guy you are related to as you say he is now in his 50's, but the best player I ever saw that didn't (sadly) achieve his great potential was the welsh lad who was killed in a car crash - whose name, I am deeply ashamed to say, I can't remember. Was it Barry Reese?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Barry Rees.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Amazing how everyone old enough to see him play remember him, proves what a great player he was for his age. Sadly only 18 when killed driving back to Wales after a Friday night home game.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The genius himself- Jonny Crumplin. Though he may be too young.

Ha! I'd say the opposite - that he overachieved whilst with us. Although I did hear from a very reliable source the reasons for him leaving and let's just say that I was told it wasn't entirely footie-related.

Another vote for Ian Chapman as an underachiever.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Hi guys, this is my first post here and I'm glad to be amongst friends.

The question I wanted to ask was which ex-Albion player do you think never fulfilled their potential?
I am now related to one and heard he was good but even he said he wasted his talent.. btw, he is in his early 50's now.
I'll reveal who if I don't hear terrible things...haha

All the best and Merry Christmas in advance.

Alan Duffy

With an honory second to Teddy Maybank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports