Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
cue ticket scramble

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wil they be arseholes and give us minimal tickets again? It's not likely they'll sellout with average home attendances of 13,000 and we're not exactly a big draw for them are we:jester: I'm sure they'd have preferred their real rivals Swindon :p

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My mate who is a west ham fan said reading gave them about 4000 tickets last season, surely we should be given that. I suspect we won't though

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
RoyalAli said:
You'll get 4400 like everybody else.
I'm sure if we can spare 4400 tickets for you, you could give us more than a measly 800.
Proportional to capacity and all that?
we give 18% of our capacity, you give 11%
Stop moaning.

:jester:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
RoyalAli said:
I'm sure if we can spare 4400 tickets for you, you could give us more than a measly 800.
Stop moaning.

Our temporary home is a touch on the titchy side though, less than HALF the capacity of the Mad Stad.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
RoyalAli said:
Stop moaning.

You'd struggle to sell many more than 800 wouldn't you :ohmy:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
RoyalAli said:
Stop moaning.

Don't mean to take a dig at you, Ali (except over French grammar, when anyone is fair game of course), as you're clearly a genuine supporter and a pleasant bloke, but this is a bit of a dubious post, isn't it? 4,400 away allocation if you're not filling your nice, reasonable-sized ground is one thing; 800 when we DO pretty much fill our tiny, horrible-but-home athletics ground is quite another - as you're presumably well aware.

Last time I was at the Mad Stad I don't think we got anything like 4,400 seats. Has the allocation strategy changed, then, or does it depend on who you're playing? It's fair to say that we will certainly take a large number to you on August 7th, do you think this will be taken into account?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Cracking opening game :clap2: - nice for the BHA contingent to have their cup final on the first day ;)

1) We will give you the full 4,400 which I expect you to sell out. We sold about 4,000 for the opening fixture at Derby a couple of seasons ago so I'm sure you can sell that out for a relatively short trip in comparison. Few years back you sold out 4,400 for the 0-0 (that shouldn't have been) and 2,000 on a Friday night in the relegation season. By the way, unless we get a number of international-quality players, we will not sell out. Should be around 18,000 - 20,000 ish for this fixture I would have thought.

2) Coppell vs McGhee - its gonna be damn loud from both sides! In recent years you've hardly heard the real volume of the Madstad unless you've seen the Forest and West Ham games on TV. Millwall in the past has usually been good, as they cannot be heard with Mr McGhee present. It'd be interesting to see how much stick our fans actually give him this time, what with Pardew now public enemy no.1. (Interestingly, we've got West Ham away second game!)

3) Is Leon Knight really suspended? and what of Cullip? I imagine he'll be staying though I wouldn't put it past Pardew to buy him for West Ham.

4) I understand your predicament with Withdean and don't expect any more than 800 tickets unfortunately. As long as you guarantee us 4,000 for Falmer when we meet again then thats fine...

5) The Daily Mail and the Star have us signing Martin Keown today :ohmy:

Either way... see you all there I imagine for a few in the Swan at Three Mile Cross :drink:

Last edited:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think it's moaning (well, OK - not just moaning anyway) about the ticket allocation, but people are naturally keen to get tickets for the first game of the season, that's all. My point was that when you have a restricted home gate then you'd expect to restrict the away numbers in favour of the home supporters (within reason), but that without such a restriction - or with seats to spare - there's no reason to do so.

I'm looking forward to the game, as I'm sure most of us are, and would wish Reading luck in it - were it not for the fact that I reckon we might be needing the points more than you!

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Seagull's Return said:
I don't think it's moaning (well, OK - not just moaning anyway) about the ticket allocation, but people are naturally keen to get tickets for the first game of the season, that's all. My point was that when you have a restricted home gate then you'd expect to restrict the away numbers in favour of the home supporters (within reason), but that without such a restriction - or with seats to spare - there's no reason to do so.

I'm looking forward to the game, as I'm sure most of us are, and would wish Reading luck in it - were it not for the fact that I reckon we might be needing the points more than you!

Indeed its a fair point. If we sold 90% of our ground out (21,800 tickets) then we'd only give you 2,400 and I'd be annoyed if we gave any more. But we don't so its a fair cop!...rightfully we give more. Against Peterborough at home in Division Two we did it successfully, but unless we're in the top 2/3 it won't happen this season.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Gutted can't go as my non football loveing pal is getting married on that day and at 3.00. :censored: :censored: :censored:
And don't start me on Leeds midweek...........

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wilts said:
Oh... forgot. Is Carpenter likely to be about? :wave:

Quite probably, will you lot be able to cope with hating TWO Albion heroes and losing your opening fixture :)

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Icy Gull said:
Quite probably, will you lot be able to cope with hating TWO Albion heroes and losing your opening fixture :)

Who is the second? Is Neil Smillie making a comeback!?

Can't be McGhee - he hardly ever wins against us! - (always a first time for everything)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here