Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First jimmy saville, then Stuart hall now Rolf harris

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just how did Bill Wyman get away with it? It's not as if he kept it a secret. Was front page news for months.

Indeed, I don't know how he dodged all the questions in the hotel bars ....

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris, Jimmy Tarbuck, Bill Wyman, Gary Glitter.. the list is endless.

Has anyone noticed what they all have in common? -- they are all white.

Why are we so politically correct that we are scared to talk about this culture of sexual abuse within the white community...?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris, Jimmy Tarbuck, Bill Wyman, Gary Glitter.. the list is endless.

Why are we so politically correct that we are scared to talk about this culture of sexual abuse within the white community...?

Not so fast....The Black And White Minstrels were at their peak around the time these others were dipping.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I understand that Danny Ings from Burnley FC could be in trouble..............truly sickening times.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Are you on a wind-up? How many top stars from the 70's were black? Certainly a very tiny percentage of the performers on tv at that time. Doesn't compare to now when there is over-representation of non-white presenters compared to population etc.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Are you on a wind-up? How many top stars from the 70's were black? Certainly a very tiny percentage of the performers on tv at that time. Doesn't compare to now when there is over-representation of non-white presenters compared to population etc.

whoosh....
never mind.

Just to spell it out -- when you get multiple cases of sexual abuse which involves an ethnic minority community (e.g the recent Rochdale case), the tabloids are full of comment drawing attention to the race of perpetrators (or complaining that PC culture is concealing it).
However, when you get multiple cases in the white community, no-one mentions race (quite reasonably, but it shows the double standards that operate).
The fact that hardly any 70s TV stars were black is no more relevant to the point I'm making, than is the fact that hardly any Rochdale kebab shop owners are white.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hmmm I'd like to see him try to play the joker on this one!

On a serious note today's revelation really does shake things up. I am sure that i was not alone in thinking that the Police could be on a dangerous scatter gun crusade against the world of celebrity in an attempt to deflect criticism away from failing to nail Savile when he was alive. In addition i had real concerns about the true sufferers of abuse as opposed to potentially opportunistic frauds smelling the hint of publicity and crucially compensation. I also thought that it seemed no coincidence that the quite a few of the celebs targeted may be the ones that the public already had no empathy with i.e. Freddie Star and Jim Davidson.

With regard to specifics how on earth are Police going to rely on evidence that in many cases is over 20 years old and more? For example in the case of Willam Roache there can be no forensics and surely it will just narrow down to his word against the alleged victim. Having sat as a juror on a rape case i am struggling to see how any case could be sufficiently robust. Having said that of course i know squat as i am not a lawyer.

Ultimately, it will be very interesting to see how it all pans out and if in some cases its unproven i could see a lot of legal actions from celebs whose public images will forever be damaged.

Specially trained officers from the Child Protection Unit take a witness statement and deduce the truth in historic abuse claims.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Good point, well made.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
whoosh....
never mind.

Just to spell it out -- when you get multiple cases of sexual abuse which involves an ethnic minority community (e.g the recent Rochdale case), the tabloids are full of comment drawing attention to the race of perpetrators (or complaining that PC culture is concealing it).
However, when you get multiple cases in the white community, no-one mentions race (quite reasonably, but it shows the double standards that operate).
The fact that hardly any 70s TV stars were black is no more relevant to the point I'm making, than is the fact that hardly any Rochdale kebab shop owners are white.

Ah, okay. Fair point.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Every day across Britain, it seems, there's a new and horrific revelation of sexual abuse: last week we had the guilty plea of veteran TV presenter Stuart Hall, who confessed to 14 cases of indecent assault against 13 girls, the youngest only nine years old.

Days earlier the possible scale of child abuse in north Wales children's homes was revealed. We now know there were 140 allegations of historical abuse between 1963 and 1992. A total of 84 suspected offenders have been named, and it's claimed the abuse took place across 18 children's homes.

But after the shock has subsided and we have time to reflect on these revolting crimes, the main question in most reasonable people's minds must surely be: what is it about white people that makes them do this?

Jimmy Savile is alleged to have abused 300 young people, and in his case and in north Wales, the abuse could not have happened without a wide range of co-conspirators either grooming children or ensuring the truth never got out. Hardly a week goes by without another white man being arrested in connection with sexual abuse.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for whites. I have many white friends and I know most of them are wholly opposed to sexual abuse. But they must be worried that their whole community is getting a bad name. I can imagine that, every day, with each unfolding case, they must be hiding their face behind their hands, pleading: "Please, God, don't let it be a white person this time."

And with so many senior community figures implicated, many of us are starting to wonder what will happen to the next generation of whites. How will today's young whites learn that abuse is wrong when their role models are so tarnished?

First, though, we need to find out what's causing the problem. Is it something to do with white people's culture? Is it something to do with their loss of empire, and their new role in the world, as a diminished state desperately clinging to its glorious past? Do they seek to impose their last vestiges of power on the most vulnerable in society?

Or is it that, having spent so much of their history waging wars against each other, they cannot cope with the relative peace of the last half-century, and their frustration at not fighting is taken out on the weakest? I may have no evidence for this, but that's not going to stop me putting it out there as a cause.

Or maybe it's their religion? Child abuse in the priesthood has, of course, also been tolerated for decades, allowed to continue unpunished through a conspiracy of silence among the church hierarchy.

And despite the recent falls in attendance, Christianity still dominates European culture. And the Bible, which many whites still look to, has such verses as: "Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol [hell]." (Proverbs 23:13-14) It hardly fits with white society's claims to care for children. And even those who don't believe, such as Richard Dawkins, a senior cleric in the atheist community, have sought to downplay the gravity of child abuse, believing it's no worse than religion itself. As he wrote: "Horrible as sexual abuse no doubt was, the damage was arguably less than the long-term psychological damage inflicted by bringing the child up Catholic in the first place." Of course, what we really need now is for brave white community leaders to come out and distance themselves from the abusers.

Maybe, say, the new head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission should come out and admit the issue is "racial and cultural" and that she fears that "in those communities there were people who knew what was going on and didn't say anything, either because they're frightened or they're so separated from the rest of the communities". Or a white cabinet member could say: "There is a small minority of white men who believe that young children are fair game. And we have to be prepared to say that. You can only start solving a problem if you acknowledge it first." Or the head of a leading children's charity could say: "There is very troubling evidence that whites are overwhelmingly represented in the prosecutions for such offences." Yet none of this has happened. And this saddens me. Because until we hear those brave voices speaking out against abuse, what are we meant to think?

I urge white people to break this conspiracy of silence. Call on your leaders to show leadership. To show us all that you're not like the people who dominate the news headlines. That you really do care about protecting children.

You may think all the above is ridiculous; that I'm stirring ethnic tensions on an issue that is clearly about individuals and small groups of people and has nothing to do with race or religion. And that by making this spurious case I'm ignoring the core issue, which is that children, many of them in vulnerable situations, were terrorised and physically harmed by opportunistic men who were able to get away with their crimes for years. You'd be right.

But all of the above arguments were made within various parts of our print and broadcast media when similarly small numbers of Muslim men were revealed to be grooming young girls for sex. If you think the claims about white people are wrong, then so is the stereotyping of Britain's Muslims, and the widespread questioning of their culture and their religion, because of the perverted actions of a few.

Since the "black crime shock" tabloid stories of the 1980s, editors have known that stoking fears about misunderstood minorities is good for sales. If you object to this article, then you should understand how it feels to be a Muslim reading similar pieces pandering to Islamophobia day after day – and you should object to those too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/06/sexual-abuse-in-white-community

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Every day across Britain, it seems, there's a new and horrific revelation of sexual abuse: last week we had the guilty plea of veteran TV presenter Stuart Hall, who confessed to 14 cases of indecent assault against 13 girls, the youngest only nine years old.

Days earlier the possible scale of child abuse in north Wales children's homes was revealed. We now know there were 140 allegations of historical abuse between 1963 and 1992. A total of 84 suspected offenders have been named, and it's claimed the abuse took place across 18 children's homes.

But after the shock has subsided and we have time to reflect on these revolting crimes, the main question in most reasonable people's minds must surely be: what is it about white people that makes them do this?

Jimmy Savile is alleged to have abused 300 young people, and in his case and in north Wales, the abuse could not have happened without a wide range of co-conspirators either grooming children or ensuring the truth never got out. Hardly a week goes by without another white man being arrested in connection with sexual abuse.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for whites. I have many white friends and I know most of them are wholly opposed to sexual abuse. But they must be worried that their whole community is getting a bad name. I can imagine that, every day, with each unfolding case, they must be hiding their face behind their hands, pleading: "Please, God, don't let it be a white person this time."

And with so many senior community figures implicated, many of us are starting to wonder what will happen to the next generation of whites. How will today's young whites learn that abuse is wrong when their role models are so tarnished?

First, though, we need to find out what's causing the problem. Is it something to do with white people's culture? Is it something to do with their loss of empire, and their new role in the world, as a diminished state desperately clinging to its glorious past? Do they seek to impose their last vestiges of power on the most vulnerable in society?

Or is it that, having spent so much of their history waging wars against each other, they cannot cope with the relative peace of the last half-century, and their frustration at not fighting is taken out on the weakest? I may have no evidence for this, but that's not going to stop me putting it out there as a cause.

Or maybe it's their religion? Child abuse in the priesthood has, of course, also been tolerated for decades, allowed to continue unpunished through a conspiracy of silence among the church hierarchy.

And despite the recent falls in attendance, Christianity still dominates European culture. And the Bible, which many whites still look to, has such verses as: "Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol [hell]." (Proverbs 23:13-14) It hardly fits with white society's claims to care for children. And even those who don't believe, such as Richard Dawkins, a senior cleric in the atheist community, have sought to downplay the gravity of child abuse, believing it's no worse than religion itself. As he wrote: "Horrible as sexual abuse no doubt was, the damage was arguably less than the long-term psychological damage inflicted by bringing the child up Catholic in the first place." Of course, what we really need now is for brave white community leaders to come out and distance themselves from the abusers.

Maybe, say, the new head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission should come out and admit the issue is "racial and cultural" and that she fears that "in those communities there were people who knew what was going on and didn't say anything, either because they're frightened or they're so separated from the rest of the communities". Or a white cabinet member could say: "There is a small minority of white men who believe that young children are fair game. And we have to be prepared to say that. You can only start solving a problem if you acknowledge it first." Or the head of a leading children's charity could say: "There is very troubling evidence that whites are overwhelmingly represented in the prosecutions for such offences." Yet none of this has happened. And this saddens me. Because until we hear those brave voices speaking out against abuse, what are we meant to think?

I urge white people to break this conspiracy of silence. Call on your leaders to show leadership. To show us all that you're not like the people who dominate the news headlines. That you really do care about protecting children.

You may think all the above is ridiculous; that I'm stirring ethnic tensions on an issue that is clearly about individuals and small groups of people and has nothing to do with race or religion. And that by making this spurious case I'm ignoring the core issue, which is that children, many of them in vulnerable situations, were terrorised and physically harmed by opportunistic men who were able to get away with their crimes for years. You'd be right.

But all of the above arguments were made within various parts of our print and broadcast media when similarly small numbers of Muslim men were revealed to be grooming young girls for sex. If you think the claims about white people are wrong, then so is the stereotyping of Britain's Muslims, and the widespread questioning of their culture and their religion, because of the perverted actions of a few.

Since the "black crime shock" tabloid stories of the 1980s, editors have known that stoking fears about misunderstood minorities is good for sales. If you object to this article, then you should understand how it feels to be a Muslim reading similar pieces pandering to Islamophobia day after day – and you should object to those too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/06/sexual-abuse-in-white-community

:clap: :bowdown: Similarly, it applies to all those self-serving Daily Mail links that bushy used to post onto NSC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]396337661511598080[/tweet]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shortly before Rolf Harris was arrested, a few jokes about him appeared in the sickipediabot twitter feed. Recently another presenter has been the subject of some jokes in that feed. I thought this thread being bumped was going to be about that. But apparently not.

Paul Gambaccini? I think at this point it feels like everyone was doing it back then and so it doesn't really feel surprising whoever gets linked to these investigations.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Shortly before Rolf Harris was arrested, a few jokes about him appeared in the sickipediabot twitter feed. Recently another presenter has been the subject of some jokes in that feed. I thought this thread being bumped was going to be about that. But apparently not.

Paul Gambaccini? I think at this point it feels like everyone was doing it back then and so it doesn't really feel surprising whoever gets linked to these .....

....retracted as I did not want bozza disturbed while naked again,

Let's face that's no big deal is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here