Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First jimmy saville, then Stuart hall now Rolf harris

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
She was NINE??? Sake! I thought he was being done for fiddling with a 13 year old, which is obviously bad enough.

From the Guardian:
Outside the court he said: "We prosecuted Stuart Hall because the evidence of the victims clearly established a pattern of behaviour that was unlawful and for which no innocent explanation could be offered.

"His victims did not know each other and almost two decades separated the first and last assaults but almost all of the victims, including one who was only nine at the time of the assault, provided strikingly similar accounts. Whether in public or private, Hall would first approach under friendly pretences and then bide his time until the victim was isolated. He can only be described as an opportunistic predator."

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
(Not even a thing to joke about) excusing a paedophile for his crimes because he was quite a good TV and Radio presenter, what a great gift the sick old ******* gave to society.

But if as I suspect it was a joke, then the main context of your post isnt really relevant to his comment.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Was discussing the Stewart Hall confession at work, and although his crimes are truely vile, some of my colleagues were giving him some small shreds of respect for admitting his crimes. Which in turn, I believe means the victims won't have to relive their horrors in court. What are your views on this?
I was going to start another thread about it, but best to keep all the celebrity nonce stuff together on here.

I'd argue your colleagues are talking nonsense. Up until today he's threatened to take legal action against the Police for "ruining his life" by arresting him. He's called the allegations "pernicious, cruel and spurious". It's only now that he's faced with growing, corroborating evidence from multiple independent victims that he's admitted his guilt, and now refuses to publicly face the media and issue so much as a brief apology himself.

He should be remanded in custody, not let out for the next month or more until sentencing.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
And to think this person had the civil rights and anti-press crowd on his side. Heart problems getting worse etc etc.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hmmm I'd like to see him try to play the joker on this one!

On a serious note today's revelation really does shake things up. I am sure that i was not alone in thinking that the Police could be on a dangerous scatter gun crusade against the world of celebrity in an attempt to deflect criticism away from failing to nail Savile when he was alive. In addition i had real concerns about the true sufferers of abuse as opposed to potentially opportunistic frauds smelling the hint of publicity and crucially compensation. I also thought that it seemed no coincidence that the quite a few of the celebs targeted may be the ones that the public already had no empathy with i.e. Freddie Star and Jim Davidson.

With regard to specifics how on earth are Police going to rely on evidence that in many cases is over 20 years old and more? For example in the case of Willam Roache there can be no forensics and surely it will just narrow down to his word against the alleged victim. Having sat as a juror on a rape case i am struggling to see how any case could be sufficiently robust. Having said that of course i know squat as i am not a lawyer.

Ultimately, it will be very interesting to see how it all pans out and if in some cases its unproven i could see a lot of legal actions from celebs whose public images will forever be damaged.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]329963040428670976[/tweet]

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm fairly sure that [MENTION=12839]Goldstone Rapper[/MENTION] wasn't being serious.

You got it. I was being facetious.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
These *******s will call themselves victims of celebrity-stalking youths. Shameless #%&@s think it's an entitlement or reward for their positions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Which is why I'm surprised that a lot more popsters haven't been spoken to.

We don't know that though. The tarbuck stuff only got out it appears because someone leaked it to the daily mail.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Which is why I'm surprised that a lot more popsters haven't been spoken to.

I think they will....surrounded by thousands of young girls, the temptation was irresistible for most. How could they discriminate between 15 yrs old and 17 yrs old?. Most of them wouldn't have bothered. It was on a plate for them.
I was in the company of a well known pop star in the 80's and he was with a very attractive, very young lady. I couldn't tell her age but it was probably under 16. ( He spent the night with her )
It was commonplace and the police are likely to have so much material that this could drag on for years, at massive cost to the tax-payer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is all quite bizarre when you consider how the establishment of the same time was so desperate to put Jagger and Richards in jail for drug offences as the band were allegedly corrupting the morals of young people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here