Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Ever Brighton Game

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Some time around 1994/5. The first game I remember vividly (around my second/third game) was the 3-3 vs Leyton orient when Scott Mcgleish made a gesture to the north stand

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Because Dad hated football and I joined the Navy at 15,I followed the Albion through the Evening Argus.... I did not see my first game till Dec the 6th...(I think) 1958...I was 19 then...we beat Sunderland 2-0....hooked.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
1983 FA Cup v Newcastle. Could remember so little that I actually started a thread asking people what happened. Which was nice.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Derby County at home, 1986, snow and ice and finished 0-0. Stood on my little stool as a 5-year old with my Dad and his mates effing and jeffing around me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Beat Gibraltar 6-0 in pre-season friendly and i think Alex Dawson scored a hat-trick. However, i can find no record of this so maybe it was all a dream.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pretentious ****

No, he's right. Hardly most original thread. A little use of search might have answered his question. Or just look at users profiles, tells you on that!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
August 2011. I remember we beat Doncaster Rovers 2-1 with two goals by Will Buckley.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm not sure what my first game was as i was young, but I know Liam Brady was in charge at one early game and his son was ballboy and also in my class at school.
The first game I really remember was abandoned because of a pitch invasion. Against York. I was in the family stand but was very frightened. I remember people ripping up the pitch, and I didn't understand the anarchy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here