Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] First big test for ‘Stay At Home’ coming up this weekend

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Having done my daily exercise this morning, I do think there needs to be a clear ‘instruction’ for adults not to do their exercise with other adults, even if they live in the same household.

Far too many groups of people out walking four or five abreast down pavements.

Daily exercise for adults should be a solo activity.

I don’t think the issue is people exercising together, really that should just be common sense and if there are households of people taking up the whole path, they are morons but that doesn’t mean a lot of people do that, I haven’t seen much of that around Preston park.

Seafront looks very clear, good to see.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Having done my daily exercise this morning, I do think there needs to be a clear ‘instruction’ for adults not to do their exercise with other adults, even if they live in the same household.

Far too many groups of people out walking four or five abreast down pavements.

Daily exercise for adults should be a solo activity.

Totally agree.

If they 'allegedly' live in the same house you would think they would want some solo time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Luckily I have a west facing back garden, so I can enjoy the sunshine outside all afternoon. I'm outside now, sat at the patio table with my laptop.

I really do feel for people who are stuck in flats with not even a balcony to use for a bit of outside space. I'd guess a large proportion of the people who are out and about in the decent weather don't have their own outside space to enjoy. Not that it excuses it, but I really would go bonkers if I was trapped indoors all day every day for weeks and weeks on end.
And walking around empty streets ain't really that much fun..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Its cold and cloudy here, and nobody about.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just drove to Worthing to attend to my disabled father - the seafront seemed really busy half an hour ago - is there something on?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No they weren’t and I didn’t ask them as not one for confrontation.

Yet you like to come on here bitching about something you saw, but have no idea who they are or what they are doing?

Why...did it make you feel better to vent?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And walking around empty streets ain't really that much fun..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I actually look forward to and enjoy my daily 30-45 minute walk. I'm WFH, so I'm in my living room all day, and then all evening as well, so getting out of the house for some fresh air once I've logged off is a real pleasure, something I'd previously taken for granted. Popping the headphones in for a pod and heading out for a brisk walk through the largely empty streets and a local park is now one of the best parts of the day for me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I'm not surprised there's more traffic, as many (like me) are still working (from home) during the week and so have to go out at the weekend to actually get food (which is perfectly allowed).

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not going well here.

I’m clearly not going to name names but my next door neighbour (who is an ex GP of all things) has invited his daughter and grandkids round. All currently playing in their back garden.

My partner is nurse who works on a Covid ward. Currently on a much deserved day off.

Some people just defy belief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TBH I'm not surprised there's more traffic, as many (like me) are still working (from home) during the week and so have to go out at the weekend to actually get food (which is perfectly allowed).

We got a phone call this morning from out local Specsavers to say my daughter's new glasses were ready, only we missed the call so they left the info on voicemail. They also said they would be closed on Sunday and Monday but open today. From Monday to Friday I am working from home and putting in 10 - 11 hour days trying to save my job and that of my team.

Therefore one of us had to troop out with her to get them. I've had an on/off cough but no fever and feel fine and no coughing today but still had to walk with daughter past the next door neighbour's house (they are the sort with twitching curtains and a glass against the wall) to get the glasses they urgently insisted we pick up.

When we got there the door was bolted shut, a notice said "emergencies only" and they weren't expecting us.

FFS.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Did my little shop first thing as announced (Fish Cakes tonight, Rump stake tomorrow) was home by 10.30 and have since being enjoying gardening and doing a bit of exterior painting. Looking forward to watching some Powell & Pressburger this evening, probably Colonel Blimp...

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
To paraphrase the great Samuel L Jackson...

Missing watching live sport? Stay the f*** at home
Missing the pub with your friends? Stay the f*** at home.
Missing playing sport with your friends? Stay the f*** at home.
Missing cinema, live music, theatre, meals out? Stay the f*** at home.
Missing visiting family and friends? Stay the f*** at home.
Lost your job because of the lockdown? Stay the f*** at home.
Watching the economy collapse and people you know losing their livelihoods? Stay the f*** at home.
Missing trips to the beach, country, tourist attractions? Stay the f*** at home.
Oh and Self employed builders? Stay the f*** at your own homes.

Seems to be simple enough and I am sure you could jog, cycle, walk every other day wont harm you for the next couple of weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here