First back!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Care to start a player ratings thread? Not that it'll get many replies until tomorrow!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What was so bad about it, how did it change in the second half?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I presume it had a lot to do with how Carlise delt with our system which was changed to 4-4-2 in the second half.

_wilka_ said:
I presume it had a lot to do with how Carlise delt with our system which was changed to 4-4-2 in the second half.

Yes and no. The change of system did help, but the number of stray passes and individual failures to control the ball on first touch didn't help in the first half. It really was that bad - elementary errors. But, once the team knew better what they were doing as a group, they suddenly starting performing better individually, too.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If you keep Cox quiet then you have pretty much shut out our threat entirely

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
fatbadger said:
Yes and no. The change of system did help, but the number of stray passes and individual failures to control the ball on first touch didn't help in the first half. It really was that bad - elementary errors. But, once the team knew better what they were doing as a group, they suddenly starting performing better individually, too.

What was Molango like?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was not at the game - I didn't even get to listen to it.

A Carlisle fan has told me that they have quick strikers and that they ran our defence ragged.

My guess - based on the tactics we've used this season - is that we were playing far to high up the pitch.

We've tended to push up and get the fullbacks forward. Leaving us vulnrable to quick strikers and balls put over the defence.

If that's what happend, poor decision Wilkins, we should probably have gone there a bit more defence minded.

Pure guesswork though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Turkey said:
I was not at the game - I didn't even get to listen to it.

A Carlisle fan has told me that they have quick strikers and that they ran our defence ragged.

My guess - based on the tactics we've used this season - is that we were playing far to high up the pitch.

We've tended to push up and get the fullbacks forward. Leaving us vulnrable to quick strikers and balls put over the defence.

If that's what happend, poor decision Wilkins, we should probably have gone there a bit more defence minded.

Pure guesswork though.

More like our midfield were being run ragged then our defence.Mind you Santos sounded crap today

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
algie said:
More like our midfield were being run ragged then our defence.Mind you Santos sounded crap today

That's the problem with our formation isnt it. The wingers have to defend. When they're poor, we're poor (eg Bristol City). Frutos isnt the best at defending and is much better in a 4-4-2.

graysgull

Aug 23, 2003
350+ Albion attendance, and a lot of them booed the team of the pitch at half time, which shows how bad the first half was. We improved in the second half, mainly through Molango (I kid you not !!), who ran his heart out chasing everything, and Cox getting more of the ball. It was never going to be enough though. We were weak on the left again, and nobody really shone today as ball control was as rare as hens teeth.

Need MEGA improvements on Tuesday.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Pity wee badger's first game wasn't quite so woeful.

Attachments

• carlisle0602.jpg
    carlisle0602.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 485

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Fragmented Badger said:
It was quite funny though, wasn't it?:lolol:

:lolol: I have to admit it was. Did you notice Santos, just sort of stood there for a moment, thinking "how the hell did I do that", before actually chasing back.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
fatbadger said:
Can't be often I'm first back from a game...

But Badger you only arrived just before half time and left soon after ... And how does this qualify you to comment on the peformance?

You are correct though - it was a really woeful and dire first half.

:nono: :censored:

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
scotjem said:
Pity wee badger's first game wasn't quite so woeful.

But it seems Mrs Badger's hair is quite interesting though. Maybe BHAlba no.54 will continue the Albion tradition and become a hairdresser?

:lolol: :blush: :angel:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports