Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First away game?

I was at both those games.

Took my girlfriend for her first ever footie match against Palace and we too missed the goal. Bloody traffic jams! Bloody parking! Pah!

The Millwall game was on Easter Monday (I think), and was our last chance of getting promotion that season. Yes, it was pretty grim - I seem to remember a Millwall fan with a huge drum.
Horrible place, glad to get home in one piece.

By the way, I think the Palace game was Sept.75 and Millwall April 76. Correct me if I'm wrong! :smile:

Millwall was on good Friday,we must have had 5,000 up there most ducking and diving took over 6,000 to Aldershot the next day and then it was their turn to keep their heads down:blush:

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
December 1976 I think! Lost 1:0
Brighton v Palarse at Stamford Bridge Cup game on neutral ground, no penalty shoot out then. Nobby scored from the penalty spot but the cheating ******** pushed a Brighton player in the box and it was disallowed for encroachment and he missed the re-take. The referees name became synonymous with bad referees for many a year after. I can’t remember his name now, but the chant was "you worse than ???? ??????" Anyone fill that in?

Most memorable away was at Wolves evening game, freezing cold..............Wardy hat trick!!!!!

december 1976 i think! Lost 1:0
brighton v palarse at stamford bridge cup game on neutral ground, no penalty shoot out then. Nobby scored from the penalty spot but the cheating ******** pushed a brighton player in the box and it was disallowed for encroachment and he missed the re-take. The referees name became synonymous with bad referees for many a year after. I can’t remember his name now, but the chant was "you worse than ???? ??????" anyone fill that in?

Most memorable away was at wolves evening game, freezing cold..............wardy hat trick!!!!!

ron palace????

december 1976 i think! Lost 1:0
brighton v palarse at stamford bridge cup game on neutral ground, no penalty shoot out then. Nobby scored from the penalty spot but the cheating ******** pushed a brighton player in the box and it was disallowed for encroachment and he missed the re-take. The referees name became synonymous with bad referees for many a year after. I can’t remember his name now, but the chant was "you worse than ???? ??????" anyone fill that in?

Most memorable away was at wolves evening game, freezing cold..............wardy hat trick!!!!!

As they say another lively night:ffsparr:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
December 1976 I think! Lost 1:0
Brighton v Palarse at Stamford Bridge Cup game on neutral ground, no penalty shoot out then. Nobby scored from the penalty spot but the cheating ******** pushed a Brighton player in the box and it was disallowed for encroachment and he missed the re-take. The referees name became synonymous with bad referees for many a year after. I can’t remember his name now, but the chant was "you worse than ???? ??????" Anyone fill that in?

Most memorable away was at Wolves evening game, freezing cold..............Wardy hat trick!!!!!

was at the Wolves game

Brighton players turned up at the train station after the match,got Lawrenson's autograph

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here