Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First ASHES Test

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm a bit worried the adrenaline and relief of saving the match will mean we make no changes for Lord's. I think our batsmen can and will do better, especially against the convict attack, but one thing is clear: our bowlers from this match will not bowl anyone out twice. A couple of changes to be made, please.

Agree, Monty needs to be dropped but will they after this?

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
as much as i hate to say it harmison must come back at lords or at least onions. we cant keep bowling freddie for 30 odd overs per innings hes a strike bowler not a holder.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's quite possible that both Panesar, who's ended the game something of a hero, and Hauritz, who took more wickets than most people imagined he would, could be dropped for Lords.

Mind you, England could gift fast-track citizenship to the pick of India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and South Africa's finest Test players just to get them in the team for next week, and they'd still lose to Australia at Lords. It's just tradition, isn't it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They need to take a punt on Harmison for Lords, make it clear it is his last chance.

Flintoff has always been a containment bowler, rather than a strike bowler.

I concur as we looked decidedly impotent in our bowling attack during this test.

Harmy can definitely do it just depends which one turns up.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
They need to take a punt on Harmison for Lords, make it clear it is his last chance.

Flintoff has always been a containment bowler, rather than a strike bowler.

use freddie as 2005 short bursts when you need a wicket more often than not he got it, he can change games . note his bowling speed up to 93mph at one stage down to 80 when he had been over bowled cos strauss was so desperate he didnt know where to turn. cant say i blame him though, what were the alternatives?

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
oh come on england where awesome and really deserved the win , but for a few dodgy umpire desicions we would be celebrating

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A decision can turn a test match. It seems that Bopara was wrongly given out and the test may have been a different ball game. I do not think that the team should br publically flogged, but we do need to stop giving away cheap wickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here