Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Blimey that is umpires call for hitting in line and hitting leg stump.

CLOSE

Decisions and reviews have gone England's way so far...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
These all hinge on the on field umpire's call - given out, he's out. The reverse of the Watson dismissal.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Gone this time... Ballance nicks Hazlewood to Haddin... fending at a shortish one off the back foot... out for 0

22-2

England need an innings from Bell...

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Tail ender batting from Ballance. Don't know what he was doing with his hands and bat. Decision making must be better.

Big innings for Bell. Personally wouldn't have picked him as I think he is well past it and has bottled it in the Ashes on to many occasions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A partnership of Lyth and Bell. What could possibly go wrong?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This pitch has gone from slow batting track to bowlers paradise. Looking very difficult to bat on today.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Big innings for Bell. Personally wouldn't have picked him as I think he is well past it and has bottled it in the Ashes on to many occasions.

What, the same Ian Bell that was voted Man Of The Series in Ashes 2013, the one who got 3 centuries and already has 4 Ashes series victories to his name? His test average vs Australia is a shade over 36 - 4 tons, 15 50s

Granted, his form since 2013 has been poor but a bit more respect for the guy please.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bell driving beautifully... looking every bit a world class Test Match batsman :)

13* (10 balls, 3 fours)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And another one from Bell... that's a beaut through the covers :clap2:

England 50-2 :clap2:

leading by 172

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How much of a lead will England require in order to win this match? I'd say 350, in which case England would need to reach 228ao here.

Nice little counter-punch here, England once again maintaining that "one day spirit" - run rate over 4.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The last two overs have gone for 15 (Hazlewood) and 13 (Starc)... the pressure release is palpable!

63-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here