[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tremendous slip catch from the captain!!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And in comes the best batsman in the world.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Captain Cook takes a nasty one amidships - bounced well in front of him at first slip - and knocked the wind out of his sails :nono:

Hope he is OK

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Loving the BBC website feed:

Graeme Swann
Ex-England spinner on BBC Test Match Special
"He's going to have to go off and stick them in a glass of water."

Posted at 14:14
Aus 52-1
Alastair Cook appears to have taken Graeme Swann's advice as he heads off the pitch. Don't be swigging any unattended cups of water later on, England players.

:lolol:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ouch.... that looks painful.

Yes it did, and it confirmed my opinion that men generally are a bit sick (me included). Whenever a player in any sport gets hit or injured we are straight in with assistance and sympathy. Other than when the injury is to ones 'testimonials'. And then like immature children we can't help ourselves and breakout out into a tittering smirk of sorts. Will we ever grow up? :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes it did, and it confirmed my opinion that men generally are a bit sick (me included). Whenever a player in any sport gets hit or injured we are straight in with assistance and sympathy. Other than when the injury is to ones 'testimonials'. And then like immature children we can't help ourselves and breakout out into a tittering smirk of sorts. Will we ever grow up? :lolol:

Joe Root was almost (metaphorically) pissing himself.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Don't think it's just men. I can confirm I find it equally hilarious when one of you catches a stinger right in the tezzers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do ladies find it amusing when another lady gets caught *ahem* amidships?

I'd say not. I don't think anybody finds that nearly so amusing as when it's a bloke, do they? Not sure why that is, maybe because of the soft goods in play when it's a man. And possibly because o f the reaction it inevitably induces in the (male) victim. That is, undeniably, funny.

(Were you talking about above or below the waist in a lady context?)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is there any reason why Stokes hasn't had a bowl? The ball's 27 overs old already.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd say not. I don't think anybody finds that nearly so amusing as when it's a bloke, do they? Not sure why that is, maybe because of the soft goods in play when it's a man. And possibly because o f the reaction it inevitably induces in the (male) victim. That is, undeniably, funny.

(Were you talking about above or below the waist in a lady context?)
Below. Men certainly don't find a lady being similarly afflicted, amusing. I though you fellow ladies might have - what with you being CRUELLER creatures, and that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David Lloyd: "Bullseye! He's going down in instalments" :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm going for 669/6 dec

Next wicket at 16:46

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Below. Men certainly don't find a lady being similarly afflicted, amusing. I though you fellow ladies might have - what with you being CRUELLER creatures, and that.

I don't know; it can be quite amusing. Depends on whether or not the angle of impact and clothing - i.e. tennis skirt - gives potential for the gags about almost losing the ball etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports