Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
These are useful runs, but Australia won't mind in some ways because it looks like a 500+ pitch to me, especially in these conditions for a side containing the world's best batsman on a pitch that isn't offering anything to either the quicks or swing bowlers.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looking forward to Broad edging Johnson through the slips in his next over. Twice, ideally.

Moeen doing something similar to Starc for his 50 :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
50 partnership for Ali and Broad :clap2:

52 runs, 11.0 overs, RR: 4.72 (Ali 34, Broad 18)

England 395-7

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
These are useful runs, but Australia won't mind in some ways because it looks like a 500+ pitch to me, especially in these conditions for a side containing the world's best batsman on a pitch that isn't offering anything to either the quicks or swing bowlers.

I fancy Jimmy Anderson will bowl with more control than the Mitchells.

Lyon on... and a wicket goes... good catch by Haddin... Broad thrashes at the first ball and gets an edge.

395-8

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Broad Out caught behind trying to slog sweep Lyons.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I fancy Jimmy Anderson will bowl with more control than the Mitchells.

Lyon on... and a wicket goes... good catch by Haddin... Broad thrashes at one and get and edge.

395-8
You need two front line bowlers to bowl with control on a pitch like this if you're going to take wickets. Even if Anderson bowls well, we're looking for either Wood or Broad to bowl well at the other end.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Stupid shot from broad. All he had to do is knock it into the gaps and keep the scoreboard ticking over. I don't think you can consider lower order runs as a bonus anymore, our number 8 is a proper batsman and 9 10 11 are all capable of sticking around and getting him on strike

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ton up Johnson, now ton up Starc!

I haven't seen the Mitchells roughed up like this since the days of Eddie Royal in the Queen Vic c 1999.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why did Wood take a single off the last ball of the over, especially when Ali had risked a run-out scampering a single off the 5th ball of the over?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stupid shot from broad. All he had to do is knock it into the gaps and keep the scoreboard ticking over. I don't think you can consider lower order runs as a bonus anymore, our number 8 is a proper batsman and 9 10 11 are all capable of sticking around and getting him on strike

He batted like that throughout the 50 partnership... it was just what we needed to take it to the Aussies this morning... pity it didn't go on longer, but I am not going to blame a number 10 for batting that way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
First hour 73/1 - pretty good effort, that.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Moeen has farmed the strike really well this morning. Must have faced 70% of the balls.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not all bad. Decent score and we will get a bowl at the Aussies before lunch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here