[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I live in the hills, they are most likely in town.
Copped some s**t for the first three wickets, but the fight back has started now.
Just got home and getting a live stream sorted out, so late night here.

let's hope we have a good'un :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
These are Aussies, it is either a flood or a complete drought. Reckon 1 wicket and the flood gates open again..
The cloud is lifting, sun coming out. It might be time to get those texting fingers warmed up!

:)

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The crowd is starting to warm up now too. This is what The Ashes is all about :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Balance doesn't seem to have been particularly fluent, from what I've seen of the innings so far, but the runs you get when you're not playing well are often the most valuable. Fifty up, played Gary.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The crowd is starting to warm up now too. This is what The Ashes is all about :thumbsup:

Yes, I was momentarily nervous about half an hour ago when they broke into the Mitchell Johnson song...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The best thing about this is that the myth of the Aussie bowlers has been broken on the first day of the series.

They're not unplayable. At the moment they don't look like getting a wicket from good bowling, Root and Balance will have to give it away. Starc is all over the shop, Watson is old, Johnson quick but ineffective and Lyon is ok but not right enough to create pressure.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm watching online on my laptop, but with the sound muted and listening to TMS. There's a very slight lag behind on TMS.

Just switched back to the TV coverage to see Hazlewood celebrating a wicket, whilst in the background, Henry Blofeld wittered on harmlessly about seagulls, and my heart sank.

It was a good 30 seconds before I realised it was a replay of his earlier wicket :lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another half-century. This time...Mitchell Johnson. Bowling, bowling!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm watching online on my laptop, but with the sound muted and listening to TMS. There's a very slight lag behind on TMS.

Just switched back to the TV coverage to see Hazlewood celebrating a wicket, whilst in the background, Henry Blofeld wittered on harmlessly about seagulls, and my heart sank.

It was a good 30 seconds before I realised it was a replay of his earlier wicket :lol:

That caught me out for a second, as I'd popped into the kitchen to get a cuppa. I then noticed the ball was very shiney. Phew.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That caught me out for a second, as I'd popped into the kitchen to get a cuppa. I then noticed the ball was very shiney. Phew.

I'm pleased it's not just me being a plank :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm pleased it's not just me being a plank :lolol:

I've got it on on my laptop also, but it's also on in the room next door for the dogs.. honest. there's a delay of about 15 seconds on the laptop, so I sometimes get a warning from the sounds from the other room.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tea - Day 1

102-0 (29 overs) in the session.

England 190-3

Ballance 59* Root 93* (147 runs partnership)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports