Some interesting match ups this weekend -

Friday Ipswich / Birmingham
Sat Forest / Midds
Sat Hull / QPR
Mon Derby / Burnley

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
After we beat Hull I realised that this was probably not a flash in the pan. I am still somewhat nervous about my prediction and reserve the right to change my mind once we have played one of the division's REAL big boys (money splashers, being Boro, Derby and Boro)

Boro in double-money splash

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You make a good point, but I think (as we're showing so far) it's more about the team than the individuals, which is why teams that haven't spent top dollar often still end up getting promoted.

I do think Boro will be there or thereabouts, but perhaps just the fact that they have spent money has probably swayed me, and yet this is not at all a guarantee. I am sure someone last season did a chart about how teams with parachute payments have fared, and their success rate was nowhere near as might have been expected. Yes, team ethic is vital along with a host of other factors - injuries, managerial talent, do the team get along for example, arguments about money and of course an element of luck.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not sure people are grasping how well CH has brought over the summer, of course we won't win every game but the strength and depth of our squad is very good plus we have Hemed scoring almost every game. Elvis, Harper and Hambo still to feature and when you look at the bench last night most would walk into any Championship side and not to just make up the numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here