Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First albion experience going with your mates to an away game and staying the night

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Le Havre 2005.
Ferry over, chambres d'hôte, bus to the game, bus back to Le Havre, nice restaurant,
chambres d'hôte, ferry home.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Le Havre 2005.
Ferry over, chambres d'hôte, bus to the game, bus back to Le Havre, nice restaurant,
chambres d'hôte, ferry home.
Oh yes. Went with a large group of lads but as I love French bars and Cafés, the Irish bar wasn’t for me so I quickly gave them the slip, wandering down little streets stopping off for a half in numerous bars I eventually found myself miles from where Albion fans were gathered, or so I thought.
I was enjoying a busy bar packed with locals when all of a sudden it kicked off with two lads with two women (Brighton “fans” I later learned) and some of the locals. I just sat on the bar stool and watched the four of them fighting in the street with the bar owner and some locals, but when one of the Brighton lads put a plastic chair through the window the police were called and arrived almost immediately. All four were knicked after a bit of a baton ing off the OB with one cop actually standing on one of the girls necks.
The atmosphere initially turned bad towards me however this was resolved by me simply buying a large round of drinks. The bar owner even dug out my favourite Sparks CD to put on.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
2 games spring to mind...both in the late 80s or early nineties. One was an away match in Gillingham, went up on a Friday night on a minibus which had more lads than seats. Went to a nightclub on the way, could of been Maidstone, then after we made our way up to Gillingham in the early hours of Saturday and all slept on minibus. Needless to say with all the body odours of 20 odd pissed up kebab eating wannabees we all woke up pretty early. By dawns crack we found ourselves playing football on a school hockey pitch. I have no recollection of game, score or anything else to do with the Saturday 3pm ko apart from Sergio falling Arse over tit in the mud and rain and ruining his navy blue blazer!
Around the same era, The same lot of us met up with older West street at the Aldephi hotel Liverpool, now I can't recollect if it was League or Cup but over 40 of us stayed in 5 rooms max. There was a nightclub attached to hotel. I have so many memories of over 50years following Brighton...but these two were my favourites!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here