Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fireworks 💥

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm ***cough*** 50 'ish' and love fireworks - my animals like them considerably less. I'm certainly not of the mind of "dogooders" that want them banned unless for an organised display.
If it doesn't last 6 weeks with imbeciles dragging the whole thing out I'd agree. But it does. It also results in folk getting damaged and hoapitalised.

But there is surely no doubt that anyone with a dog that they insist on inserting 'poo' into the designer breed (i.e. reason to charge loads more for a cross) name should have fireworks launched out of their arse!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I’m surrounded by Bonfire Societies, they normally start mid-October.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
My display is ready for the 5th

IMG_8074.jpeg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If it doesn't last 6 weeks with imbeciles dragging the whole thing out I'd agree. But it does. It also results in folk getting damaged and hoapitalised.

But there is surely no doubt that anyone with a dog that they insist on inserting 'poo' into the designer breed (i.e. reason to charge loads more for a cross) name should have fireworks launched out of their arse!
In a Dawinesque kind of way I find your mention of hospitalisation slightly reassuring….

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, another firework fan here. Yes Bonfire Night has become Bonfire Month and my dogs hate them (so obviously we don't have them), but there's something about them that bring back really happy memories of all the Bonfire Nights of my childhood and younger years. Not organised displays (of which I am not a huge fan), but the back garden ones. Great times. Probably the last great Bonfire Nights that I remember were in the back garden of the Preston Park Tavern before it got ponced up.

And yes, indoor fireworks were fantastic as well. Used to be a staple of our Christmases back in the 1960s.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It's becoming ridiculous.
Heard our first firework at the beginning of OCTOBER, 5 weeks before the actual event.
Bonfire night is is NOVEMBER FFS.

Our dog was so scared, it ran out the living room and nearly knocked our Christmas tree over :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here